Band #1 still going strong

darth furious

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
There are lots of threads on band #1 breaking on them. It could seem very lopsided and give the impression that the band #1 is a bad product. To provide a little balance....how many people still have band #1 going strong and how long have you had it?

I had mine for 5 months and aside from light scratches on the screen and the paint peeling off the batteries, it has been very good for me. Battery life is still great and it works well. I am rough with my things and in the 1st month I hit my arm against the car carrying groceries. The clasp hooks bent. I took some pliers and straightened it out and it was good as new.

My plan is to use it until it falls apart and buy the band #3 when it is on clearance to make room for band #4 (maybe fall 2017 if it can last 18 months)

bh5213

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Had my Band 1 since Nov back when best buy had it own sell for $59. Use it everyday and it is still going strong. Mine functions well and still looks good cosmetically. Only issue I have is the screen protectors don't stay on well. Corner always peeling back a bit.

mfm77

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Got it in November of 2014 and still works fine after countless races and training runs. It'll need replacement at some point, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Had mine since launch... I had it replaced under complete after I wrecked my bike and slightly damaged it.

No need for a 2... This one is solid.

soggs

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Only had mine for 3 months but I've had no problems with it. I didn't put a screen protector on it so the plastic around the screen is well scuffed and a bit scratched, but I wear it all day every day so didn't expect it to stay pristine. Having said that I only paid ?32 for it brand new so I wasn't so concerned about knocking or marking it. I'll keep wearing it until it falls apart!

tbsteph

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Owned since introduced 11/14. Paint has peeled off over the battery but otherwise works fine. Never had a screen protector and, while there is some minor scratching, still looks pretty good after 17 months of wearing daily.

papa tiger

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Retired mine after 6 months and purchased a Band 2, much better design. Band one showed a lot of corrosion on the metal parts with the battery charger hook up completely brass looking. It did its job but charging it was a continual hassel with the cleaning and constant corrosion problem/condition. The new band 2 has stainless and different charging system. Much better unit I believe and fit/larger size also a plus.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I just bought two used but in excellent condition band 1 for my wife and I. This is our first wearable device and we are in love with them. My only regret is that I didn't but these sooner. (also the Mrs. couldn't justify spending $174.99 for one band 2.)

bh5213

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Well, my Band 1 died after 7 months of everyday use. Bought it back last November when Best Buy dropped the price to $69. Gonna take it to a MS store and see what they say. Website says a year warranty, so hopefully it can be replaced or fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon