Galvanic skin sensor(?) fallen off, how can I get it back on?

nannari

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Galvanic skin sensor(?) fallen off

Hi,

Someone brought me back a Microsoft Band 2 from the US (I live in Norway) a couple of months ago as a gift, and all in all I'm very happy with it.

However, after todays workout i noticed that one of the small metal 'buttons' on the clasp side of the band has fallen off:

I was fairly impressed with the build quality of the band, but safe to say this puts a big dent in the impression...

This is the skin sensor, right? It still seems to be registering that the band is being worn even though that was supposedly the main use of it. Will this make certain features not function, or will they just be less reliable without the additional surface of the contact point?

I'm pretty certain I'm screwed re: warranty, considering my location, but would it be possible to replace it with some sort of conductive adhesive and a replacement metal 'dot'?

Cheers

Edit; mod edited title, i dont have the bit that fell off.. an answer to if the band is somehow ruined is also fine..

Attachments

• eiDgkxy.jpg
    eiDgkxy.jpg
    800.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Brian Gobrecht

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Good and bad news. The good the band doesn't use it yet that i know of. it measures to see if your stressed out originally but never got it to work correctly. Bad news is you'll need to go to a store or online to the Band Support(the link is the US site) site to get it exchanged but not sure if its been supported there so you might have to travel to get a replacement one.

longlifexs

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
As far as the warranty goes, I had a Surface Pro 3 I bought in the US, had to get it replaced while living in the Netherlands and all went well. I actually contacted their NL Support online, they sent me a shipping label, I shipped off my Surface and got a new device soon. But then again, the Surface is normally sold here, not sure how it would work with Band 2 and Norway. But I'd say try contacting local MSFT support and see, they should try and help at least.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05