MS band works on new 14295 build w/o workaround

darth furious

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
build 14283 and 14291 would not work with the band unless you change language or reset the device. build 14295 seems to work problem free now. It's not listed in the change log. If you have windows insider and the ms band, get your update

BTW, I reset my phone in build 14283 to fix the bad API. I then updated to 295 and didn't need to reset again. Maybe the API was fixed and remained fixed between the 2 builds. If you never reset after build 283, you may need to reset your phone? Anyone can confirm this?

Last edited:

evdel

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Api = https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_programming_interface
Btw watch out with resetting the most recent build. (surpassed by 14295 now)There is a specific warning:
If you reset your phone on this build (Build 14291) and restore your phone from a backup, restore will fail to install apps from your backup’s apps list leaving blank grey titles on Start. If you delete the grey tiles and attempt to reinstall the same apps from the Store, you will not get app data restored. The next backup will over-write the app backup data as well. To avoid hitting this bug, avoid resetting your phone on this build. If for some reason you do need to reset your device on this build, don’t restore your phone from a backup and you should turn off backup for apps and OS data to avoid creating a corrupt backup via Settings > Update & Security > Backup.
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...nsider-preview-build-14291-for-pc-and-mobile/

Brian McMahon

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Just noticed this late last night after update, haven't done any resets on builds, still can't get Cortana working yet but at least I don't have to change language to get band syncing now.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

em-martino

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi I'm from Italy, bought a Band 2 from MsUK. Does build 14295 resolve the issues with Cortana and SMS Reply (such as: "i can't reach your phone" , "Make sure your bt is close..." keybord stucks saying "Connecting")

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I can also confirm that Band 2 and 14295 seems to work fine together, I never reset the phone since when this problem came out.

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Just got my Band 2 today and have a 535 and Surface Pro 3 with 14295. The band seems to be syncing fine via bluetooth to the phone and cable to the SP3 but I get no notifications on the band at all?

Did a full reset on the phone, no change.

ETA: 15 seconds after I wrote that, a FB messenger notification came through. Earlier SMS didn't though....:straight:

ETAA: All working now, so must have just needed some time.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium