My Band 2 died today

jmanssens

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem here. Band 2 shuts off randomly. When linked to charger it reboots saying battery ran out, while it is +80% still. Then while wearing, it will shut off randomly again. Sometimes I can get it to reboot by holding the power-button for a while, but most of the time I can't.

I thought it was software related, so unregistered my Band 2 from my Nokia Lumia 1520, did a factory reset and registered it then to my iPhone, but alas it died down again...

Will need to get it sent back to Microsoft, as the Band 2 is not available in my home country Belgium. I will need to go back to my Band 1 in the meanwhile. That's a shame, 'cause I really liked the Band 2 upgrade and fit.

lbp775

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Ya i thought the same thing. The issue is hardware though, not software. It will only get worse. I couldn't even open it anymore to put it back on and the power would cut out again. Save yourself the headache and get it replaced now. Mine also started doing that after an update, but it was just a coincidence.

You called it! It worked normally for a couple of days and then died again yesterday. It's now boxed up ready to go back to Microsoft. Kind of makes me nervous with the replacement...

jkrudder

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
My Band 2 was also starting to exhibit similar symptoms and did ultimately die in the same way. I unfortunately had a bike crash and cracked my screen a little which voided the warranty despite the fact that the band was failing beforehand. I went back and forth with MS for a month and they refused to do anything. As a long time supporter of MS and their products, I was very put off at the half hearted attempt to help and the poorly written emails (obviously from an overseas support desk). I've since left whole MS ecosystem of hardware (3 phones and the Band 2) in favor of an iPhone (begrudgingly) and the upcoming Garmin Vivoactive HR which does everything the Band 2 does, but is waterproof. Very dissappointing MS!

lbp775

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
My Band 2 was also starting to exhibit similar symptoms and did ultimately die in the same way. I unfortunately had a bike crash and cracked my screen a little which voided the warranty despite the fact that the band was failing beforehand. I went back and forth with MS for a month and they refused to do anything. As a long time supporter of MS and their products, I was very put off at the half hearted attempt to help and the poorly written emails (obviously from an overseas support desk). I've since left whole MS ecosystem of hardware (3 phones and the Band 2) in favor of an iPhone (begrudgingly) and the upcoming Garmin Vivoactive HR which does everything the Band 2 does, but is waterproof. Very dissappointing MS!

So let me get this straight. You broke your Band and expect Microsoft to replace it even though you didn't purchase the warranty that they offered? I've got news for you, you'll most likely find yourself in the same situation if you break your iPhone without being on a warranty program.

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
You called it! It worked normally for a couple of days and then died again yesterday. It's now boxed up ready to go back to Microsoft. Kind of makes me nervous with the replacement...

I think i saw a rumor that they fixed this issue in newer versions. At any rate, your warranty will continue to the end if the original's warranty period, and hopefully by the time that comes around band 3 will be out :)

spinr0k

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I did want to update my post that MS got me a brand new replacement, took about a week from the time I shipped it to them to have my new one in hand.

pdawg17

Jun 6, 2007
Visit site
Just came here to post the same thing. I'm on my 2nd Band 2 and they both have ended the same way.

Yesterday I looked down to check the time and the screen stayed blank. No response to button presses and even when attempting to charge the screen stays blank...bought it at Best Buy in October with warranty so back this one goes as well...

3rd time's a charm? Or should I just apply the amount to a Nexus 6P? ;p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett