Microsoft sends wrong size

ShawnC13

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
After 2.5 months I had to return my band2 because the strap was splitting. Following is how things have gone.

March 17 called about return was given SRN#XXXXXXXXXX, Shipped it back March 19. Email saying they received item March 23, new item shipped March 24. Received Large band instead of Medium March 31 and called support was given SRN#XXXXXXXXXX and was told claim was escalated and someone would call me in 3 business days. April 6 I call as it has been 4 business days was put on hold to get band support after 15 minutes a voice comes on and quickly tells me to dial a different phone number that was not repeated and was so fast and random I wasn't able to write it down and phone line gives me a busy signal. I call back finally get put through to someone in Band support they tell me they will look into it and would contact me within 2 days. They call back right away and yes it is ready to swap out but again I have to send this back have them receive it and then send my new band back which could be 3 or more weeks. I ask to have someone call me back as I don't think it is right I am without a product I purchased only 3 months ago for another 3 weeks due to their error.

I got a call back from the escalation team and they aren't going to do anything for me except try and expedite the return of my band. Not sure if I should try contact someone else it just doesn't seem right. Just so frustrated that I want to return the whole thing and move on to another product. I know of 7 people that have purchased this product and everyone has had to return it due to defect. How can they release a product that has such a high rate of failure??

Anyone have any ideas or other avenues I could take? I haven't had anything offered to make up for their mistake and I will be without my band again so about 25% of time since I have owned the band I have not actually had it as it has been in transit for return.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Visit their store, when you get it back, if its possible? With your purchase receipts. Things go much quicker going down that route. That is, ofcourse, if you have a Microsoft store in the near vicinity.

-- W

DeNachtwacht

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
What they could do is give you a discount. After some serious errors that were made with my 3rd band that I sent back with the same defects, the callcenter employee gave me a $50 discount on the order of my replacement Band 2.

ShawnC13

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
No Microsoft store near me that is why I had to buy online. The thing is not sure if I even want it with the number of defects and the failure rate of the product. What good is it if you have to return it every couple of months then one time they will say sorry can't do that and now out of the band all together

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo