Waiting for the price to drop below $175?

DigitalDK

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm sure you know the Band 2 price is back to $175 for a little while and I think that's great. Definitely a good price, but I know quite a few people just can't swing quite that much (myself included). So I figured I'd ask if anyone has been keeping tabs of the prices over on swappa.com? I recently picked up a used Band 2 in practically mint condition for $100! If that's still too much a first gen band will usually go up here for around $65 or less.

Not sure if you guys know about Swappa, but I figured if you didn't I'd share the low prices Band 2's tend to go for over there :)

Full disclosure: I do work for Swappa, however I'm not trying to advertise or anything I just figured people might like to buy used Band 2's for a significant cut and people list them with us from time to time.

In case you missed the links above I'll leave them here:

Band 2: https://swappa.com/buy/microsoft-band-2?ref=mobilenations&data1=UUwpUvbUpU3459375

OG Band: https://swappa.com/buy/microsoft-band?ref=mobilenations&data1=UUwpUvbUpU3459375

DigitalDK

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't disagree that $175 is a great price since my post did say that, and if you have the money for a brand new model absolutely jump on it. My point is that the $175 is temporary and there are still people who can't quite afford to cough up even that much, so if you're like me and know how to clean something that was used before and don't mind a great condition hand me down that you can get them for around $100 depending on the day Swappa is also a great choice.

Not everyone needs their devices to be new and some of us are frugal and will take a few minutes to clean something off if it means we can save $75+.

As for the Microsoft Account Login you are correct, currently it does not but that's not to say it isn't in the works or will never support it. We have plenty of people selling Windows products.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Looking forward to seeing Microsoft Account support on Swappa along with XDA account... Microsoft Accounts (e.g. Hotmail/Windows), really are quite ubiquitous. Perhaps you'll add it in an interesting way like adding a Windows Hello web login.

Anyway, they are great devices and perhaps someone is looking for a second hand one. Personally, the Microsoft deal of $175 for a new one is very tempting as a replacement for my Band 1 which is now showing its age.

DigitalDK

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by realwarder
Looking forward to seeing Microsoft Account support on Swappa along with XDA account... Microsoft Accounts (e.g. Hotmail/Windows), really are quite ubiquitous. Perhaps you'll add it in an interesting way like adding a Windows Hello web login.

Anyway, they are great devices and perhaps someone is looking for a second hand one. Personally, the Microsoft deal of $175 for a new one is very tempting as a replacement for my Band 1 which is now showing its age.

We actually do support XDA login :D, on top of that Swappa is the official marketplace of XDA :)

Also I've been in touch with the powers that be and asked about support for Microsoft Account Login it appears it is in the pipeline, however hello login probably won't be in the initial release when ever that may be but I'll be sure to try and press for it. We love our Windows users as much as any other OS, and we want it to be easy for you to login and use our site as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss