MS Health on WP 8.1 + "Windows Phone Preview"

rocketboy

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Got my MS Band 2 yesterday and the set up and paired it with my L920 on WP8.1. Everything worked well except when I go to Manage tiles it says notifications need to be turned on in my phone for notifications to work and then it says "Notifications are not supported in this version of Windows Phone" 10x with dialogs.

Once you get to the Manage tiles screen there's a prompt at the top that says: "Access additional features on your Microsoft Band by signing up for Windows Phone Preview." and there's a sign up button. Is this really the W10M preview that I'd be installing on my phone or is this some preview of a new MS Health app? I don't want to come off of WP8.1 just for an updated MS Health app.

The phrase: "Signing up for Windows Phone Preview gives you access to additional feature for your Microsoft Band" isn't entirely clear on this matter.

Otherwise Day 1 of the MS Band 2 experience has gone well. Wish they would make a universal app that I could have MS Health on my SP4 is the only other thing.

Brian Gobrecht

May 20, 2013
Visit site
some things are only in windows 10 for phone. you can get the preview and only be on the production so its kinda safe with your 920. not sure the 920 was on that list to get upgraded or not. i do have it on my 820 and it a little slow compared to my 830

rocketboy

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The L920 is not supposed to get Redstone so I don't see any point in going to W10M on it and then rolling it back eventually. WP8.1 is solid for me. If I go W10M it'll probably be on a Surface Phone. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro