Display Calories Burned During Exercise?

knowname

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Display Calories Burned During Exercise

Hello All,

I recently purchased a Microsoft Band 2 as an upgrade over my original Band. So far, I am not so sure if I like the 2 better.

One difference is I cannot see calories burned while exercising on the Band 2 like I can on Band 1. Does anyone know if there is a way that I can configure the display so that calories burned displays on Band 2?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Display Calories Burned During Exercise

The Band 2 does display calories burned in exercises. See the below picture of me exercising on my couch. The number by the flame is the calorie count. You can also see it on your Band after the workout by swiping to the left. Or in the Microsoft Health app by pulling up the session.

untitled.png

knowname

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Thanks a lot. I don't know why but I thought when I went biking the other day, that the calories didn't show. Also thought the same was true while running.

I really need while exercising because I base it all on calories burnt.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Thanks a lot. I don't know why but I thought when I went biking the other day, that the calories didn't show. Also thought the same was true while running.

I really need while exercising because I base it all on calories burnt.

Well running and biking are actually different from exercising on the Band. With the exercising tile, you cannot adjust what is displayed, so calories is always displayed. But with running and cycling, you can actually choose what metrics you want displayed and where.

To adjust these settings: Open your Microsoft Health App -> Hamburger Menu -> Mange Tiles -> Make sure you have the Run & Bike tiles toggled on -> Tap the little pencil just to the right of either Run or Bike. Then you can set your displays as you'd like them, calories and whatever else.

See the below picture and let me know if you have any questions.

wp_ss_20160518_0004.jpg

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 9

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss