Band2, Android and Golf?

thalador

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi folks,

I am looking to replace a broken Fitbit I had and like the MS band2, especially the Golf integration. Can someone tell me if that ability works on Android or is it specific to Windows phone?

Rolyo

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
It's standalone, doesn't matter what phone you are using. Once you've played a round it syncs with MS Health and also myroundpro if you have an account.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by thalador
Hi folks,

I am looking to replace a broken Fitbit I had and like the MS band2, especially the Golf integration. Can someone tell me if that ability works on Android or is it specific to Windows phone?

Please read peoples experiences with the band 2. I have just posted about the defects and issues affecting a large number of users.

I'm not being anti band, they are a great piece of kit, and they do it all very well. There are many reports of the straps splitting, skin irritation and the clasp getting scuffed up when removing for charging etc..

They are a great piece of wearable tech. Just be aware of the build quality issues. The band 1 also had issues. Maybe the band 3, if there is one, will finally get it right.

peterrod116

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Purchase the band 2 for golf and im overall please with the product.
The strap has not broken on me. The screen has a little scratch since during crossfit workout
For golf you download the MS app and sync the course you want to play.
It should take a minute or two for the gps to lock.
Press the action button to wait for yardage and go play golf.
There will be occasions where your practice swing will be recorded(swipe right to remove)
I use to write my club selection on a scorecard(5 wood 9 iron) but now i remember all clubs used for each hole
Here is my data from two weeks ago.
Only downside some courses might not be available.

https://dashboard.microsofthealth.c...7-8dca-1c0e469539a8/event/2519380365448314583

Jrod0077

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I have not been able to get my golf app to work, it misses some of my golf swings and some holes altogether. I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong or not. I have downloaded the course fine, sync'd it up and started it once on the course.

Do need to do something on the course with it?

Thx

Rolyo

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
It does miss a few swings normally. Only tip I can offer is press the action button when you go onto a new tee, this activates the GPS which should update what hole you're on assuming your course is properly mapped!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss