Battery Life is horrible now....anybody else????

williegeenutz

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I've had the band 2 for approx 6 months now. The battery life could get me through a little over a day in the beginning. Now, I can't even get through half a day and it is dead. I turn off the bluetooth and it still has crappy battery life.

Anybody else having this issue?

FWIW - I did originally have a L1520, but I got a Gs7 edge when they came out.

Dan Harris

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I switch from a Band 1 to a Band 2 right after the Hiking update came out.

I don't have any previous Band 2 experience to compare to, but it does seem to drain quicker overnight, when in sleep tracking mode than the v1 did.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that my band rarely lasts a day now. I charge it every night while I sleep, and it used to always make it. Now, I almost always get the "battery low needs charging" notification sometime between 6pm and 9pm. Occasionally, it will make it. I have the clock set to turn on when I turn my wrist, which is a change for me. Before, I had it set to always on and it still lasted the entire day.

williegeenutz

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
me too, but now it seems to be done by about 3pm for me. even with the bluetooth turned off. not sure what the problem is. I didn't have this problem when I bought it.

vmmatty

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
For what it's worth, the battery life on my Android phone and the Band 2 went down after the last update. I went into the app and noticed that it was set to sync every 15 minutes. I don't even recall that option being available in the past but it was there now and was syncing every 15 minutes. The sync now seems to take longer so I'm sure it was constantly draining battery.

I switched my sync to every 4 hours instead and things went back to normal. I don't need it to sync that often anyway so I'd rather have battery life vs. up to the minute data on my phone/Microsoft Health Dashboard.

Hope that helps someone else!

JGtz

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, My second Band 2 just died. Yes battery has been awful pretty much since I got it (3 months ago), 30 hrs at beginning, and for like the past months it was lucky to get 24 hrs.

This second Band 2 died by slowly tearing at both sides of the clasp. First one I owned three months and that one died in the same manner. This one also lasted 3 months.

My Band history:
Band 1- Oct '14 - Summer 15. Clasp Broke completely off. Great battery life though- nearly 40 hrs. Warranty Replaced
Band 1- Summer 15-December '15. Stopped working one day completely. Battery was okay- 36ish hours. Warranty Replaced.
Band 1- December 15- Sold new in box on ebay to help pay for Band 2.
Band 2- December 15-March '16. Started with great battery, matching my Band 1's. But after about 6 weeks it went to S***. 24 hrs was hard to come by plus the rubber clasp was tearing. Warranty replaced.
Band 2- March '16-Today(June '16)- Battery started okay (30ish hrs), quickly fell to 20-24 hrs.

So I'm off to local MS store, where I'm sure they'll once again make me ship it and have me wait weeks for replacement.

I like the software and the features, so I'll probably buy Band 3. But the choice of battery supplier and the material selection for this product was a huge miss. At least they have the decency to honor standard 1 year warranty.
I like to make fun of how useless my gf's apple watch is for health but at least it looks like new after 6 months of use, meanwhile here I am heading to get my third Band 2.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
For what it's worth, the battery life on my Android phone and the Band 2 went down after the last update. I went into the app and noticed that it was set to sync every 15 minutes. I don't even recall that option being available in the past but it was there now and was syncing every 15 minutes. The sync now seems to take longer so I'm sure it was constantly draining battery.

I switched my sync to every 4 hours instead and things went back to normal. I don't need it to sync that often anyway so I'd rather have battery life vs. up to the minute data on my phone/Microsoft Health Dashboard.

Hope that helps someone else!

Nice catch on that! I hadn't noticed that new setting either. Heck, you can always sync on demand if you need it, 4 hours is fine.

Dave47

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Echo what scolab asked. Got the new update for MS health and Band2 today but found nothing on what's new or fixed.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
weird, i get over 2 days from my band2.

i dont use gps to track my walks though. but i have notifications all on and constant sync

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
my band 2 from dec still goes strong into day 2, w/sleep tracking.. plenty enough of notifications.... less a bit when I do a 1 hr work out. paired to my 950XL

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
sorry, all day sync is always on with the WP version. unless you stop it from background operation. but then youll miss out on notifications i think

lstar337

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Mine was set on 10mins, but this didn't seem to affect the battery much as I hadn't noticed a difference.

I charge mine while I read in bed before I set the sleep tracking, and while a wash in the morning.

I have now set mine to 1hour though, I don't need it that up to date and the sync seems to start when the health app is opened anyway.

skwairhead

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
I just wanted to share, I have Win10 phone, recent purchaser of the Band 2. Thanks for the tips so far. I just wanted to add something that I am going to try. The sync referred to on WP might be under Background Apps and the option to turn off background on the Health app might help. I am still able to manually sync when I go into the app. I will let you know if any improvement.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking disabling the background on the Health app might disable all your notifications on the Band, though I'm not sure.

(of course, does it really matter if the notifications hardly ever work anyway...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99