Impressed with W10 Maps and Band

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
This might be old news to some but I just got the Notifications tile working on my Band and the latest Maps update on my Lumia 950 and they work together really well. I searched, in Maps, for a trip to my destination, chose a public transport route & started navigation, locked my phone and stuck it my pocket.

Maps started popping up notifications which came straight through to my Band. Like 'Walk 80m to stop 41', 'Wait here for the 212 to Blatown', 'Get off at the next stop', 'Walk to your destination' (which at this point was about 80m away).

This is the only time I've used it like this but the notifications seemed well timed and having them appear right on my Band was very convenient. Phone stayed in my pocket the whole time.

That's it. I was impressed and wanted to share.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
really? I never seen any map notifications,.. maybe it's because of I'm driving usually? not walking or public transport?

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
really? I never seen any map notifications,.. maybe it's because of I'm driving usually? not walking or public transport?

Quite possibly, the blog post only talks about 'transit notifications'. Actually I hope that's true because for me personally Band navigation notifications while I'm driving would be annoying.

The notifications also only come with the latest Maps update (I think released about a week ago?).
Finally, we have also improved our guided transit experience, including notifications to get off the bus. You no longer have to worry about missing your stop even if you don’t have the Windows Maps app actively open.
Read more at https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...s-beyond-just-directions/#JHFgvKQwGpyiATUi.99

erichyde43

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
With my iPhone and Google Maps this works as well. I really enjoy the functionality on road trips. Seems the "hard" part is pushing the notifications from the app. They come through to the Band great.

Jens Ansorg

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
I was walking around a city yesterday and I wished so much for directions showing on my new band in order to keep the phone, with maps walking navigation running, in the pocket. But no, nothing came up on the Band :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)