Pairing multiple phones to band2 (WM10 + Iphone)?

joesc

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if we can pair multiple phones to the Band2?

My work phone is an iphone 5 and my personal phone is a 640. I want my work calender stored on iphone to show up on my band, but want my personal phone to be the primary communications with the band. As the work phone is pretty locked down (can't access the calendar externally) but work allows Microsoft Health to be installed on the work phone, I'm wondering if pairing both phones would work.

Thanks for the help.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if we can pair multiple phones to the Band2?

My work phone is an iphone 5 and my personal phone is a 640. I want my work calender stored on iphone to show up on my band, but want my personal phone to be the primary communications with the band. As the work phone is pretty locked down (can't access the calendar externally) but work allows Microsoft Health to be installed on the work phone, I'm wondering if pairing both phones would work.

Thanks for the help.

never seen that being done - try it out and see what happens. I do suspect that the differentgiation of accounts won't work

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
You can't have them both paired concurrently. From time to time I switch back and forth between my Android phone and Windows (LG V10 and Icon). Each time you switch, you have to unregister the Band from the app, then reset the Band, and then pair/set-up on the other phone. Otherwise your phone won't be able to find the Band. Its pretty clunky, but works. Best to do early in the morning so it doesn't mess up your step count for the day, but otherwise you don't lose anything (so long as you remember to sync any sleep or exercise activities before you switch). I suspect this isn't going to work very well for what you want to do.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
You can't have them both paired concurrently. From time to time I switch back and forth between my Android phone and Windows (LG V10 and Icon). Each time you switch, you have to unregister the Band from the app, then reset the Band, and then pair/set-up on the other phone. Otherwise your phone won't be able to find the Band. Its pretty clunky, but works. Best to do early in the morning so it doesn't mess up your step count for the day, but otherwise you don't lose anything (so long as you remember to sync any sleep or exercise activities before you switch). I suspect this isn't going to work very well for what you want to do.

or just get another band or forego one (i)phone

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
or just get another band or forego one (i)phone

Right, but if you get another Band, then how do you reconcile the two? I don't think you can link two bands to the same account (concurrently), and having separate accounts for the two bands would be less than ideal for keeping your stats tidy. Not being an Apple guy, I'd vote for option #2! :devil: But it being a work phone, I guess you're kind of stuck if the calendar on your work phone is locked down and there is no way to sync it to your personal phone.

joesc

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the ideas. I was hoping it would be more seemless. I'll just keep it the way I have it now. Hooked to my 640 and just use the iphone for work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett