Band 2 Returned After 10 Months

indylux

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to love my Band 2. In a lot of ways, I did. Unfortunately, it was not made to work with Windows 10 Mobile (Lumia 959 xl in my case). Cortana, keyboard, notifications never worked consistently. I poured over the forums, called support, and went to the store for help. I reset the band and my phone. I joined the insider fast ring to try Redstone and see if it helped. None of it did.

Then, the band started shutting down with 80%+ battery left. Apparently they can start to short circuit. I never had a strap tear despite 24/7 wear for 10 months.

I had had enough.

Went to the Microsoft store and told my story. Result? Full refund including tax and complete.

If the Band 3 comes out and works with W10M, I'll get back in or at least try it. Money is put aside. But for now, I'm out.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Knock on wood, I haven't experienced the short-circuit/charging issues, though I did have to replace mine once due to the strap cracking issue. I sure do feel your pain regarding the ability of MS to make their phones work seamlessly with the Band. Its a shame that the Band works better with either IOS or Android than WP's, and its indicative of the inglorious mess that is Windows Mobile. I know I've experienced it with my Icon, though the last few Redstone builds have been very encouraging. Being the eternal optimist that I am, I continue to hope for the future of Windows Mobile, though I find myself periodically switching to my Android phone, because everything 'just works'. And against all odds, I keep my fingers crossed for a flagship device with CDMA support on Verizon bands, since they are the only game in town in my very rural area. That flagship device combined with an improved Band 3 (3 being MS's lucky number for development of an ecosystem) would put me on top of the world.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs