Numbered badge on MS Health Live Tile

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm on 14393.5 on my Lumia 1520, Health tile pinned w NO number on badge, yet.

I have motion data turned ON, edited Health tile preferences, showing all ...

A guess = Number of hours left on Battery, number of notifications on Band, dunno, because of the numbers you show.

I have NO Band, NO number on badge - but, health does record my steps (at least it used to)

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
My badge went from a 6 yesterday to a 5 this morning when I woke up. It's definitely nothing to do with battery because when I woke up and plugged in my Band this morning, it had 1% battery. I still can't find any type of notifications in the Health app on my phone, and nothing on the Band itself to correspond with this badge number.

sp4072

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I have been looking into it, trying to figure it out. The only thing I can think it might be is a rounded number of the sleep duration, but I am not sure.

JDH58

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
So mine has progressively increased every few days. Started at 4, skipped 5, went to 6 and now 7. I cannot correlate to anything.

fly_branch

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Mine still has a 4 and has never changed. The only four I can come up with is 4 connected applications. Unless I take my age divide it by 10, subtract 7, add 2, multiply by 5, and then divide by 6 and then that might be the 4.

gbobman

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Seems as if they updated something and didn't tell us. Went from a 6 to a 5 then back to a 6. Phone 8.1 with Band 2.
I'm flummoxed.

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
My suspicion is the dev team enabled a troubleshooting flag while coding and accidentally released it into production, so it has no end user value.

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I received my Band 2 replacement today. I was having the battery issue where it would shut down and say the battery drained even though it had 75 to 95% charge.

Before I synced my replacement band to Microsoft Health app, there was no number in a circle on the tile. That's why/how I ended up here to find out what it is and how to get rid of it.

I'm on a Lumia 925 with 8.1.

hdtvchris

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Mine seems to jump around randomly. I have a number 2 right now and I had 2 missed calls today. Maybe its tied to missed notifications. Il keep watching it.

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I don't think it has anything to do with step goal. I didn't have any numbers showing on my live tile until I connected and synced my band 2 replacement. Then it suddenly showed a 4. The next day it showed a 5 after a night's sleep. It has remained at a five ever since and I've met my step goal every day since and it hasn't changed. I guess it's still a mystery. 😲

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
With the Android version of the app, I notice now that when charging the Band, the app will throw up a number (1) on the tile.....er...icon, indicating a notification, namely that "your MS Band is now fully charged". So maybe its something to do with a future similar notification feature on the Windows version of the app. If so, it certainly doesn't appear to be ready for prime time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb