My Band 2 strap broke as well... Any advices for getting a replacement?

PeterTheGeek17

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
When I woke up this morning, I plugged in my band and found that the strap has been split. A little bit right to the screen. Im thinking about taking it to the microsoft store and replace it.

Is it gonna be free? What do I need to avoid if I don't wanna pay extra $200 to get the replacement? What should i pay attention to?
Thank you so much for the help!:crying:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
If it's under earranty, the repair or replacement should be free of charge. Just go to the store if it's nearby and ask. Or contact them via their contact page if available

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I know on Band 1, they resisted honoring warranty replacements for 'cosmetic' problems, like split rubber. I had my Band 2 replaced because the charging capability quit several months ago - no problem. But just this weekend, my Band 2 rubber split, any ideas if they will still honor the warranty replacement for cosmetic issues like this?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I know on Band 1, they resisted honoring warranty replacements for 'cosmetic' problems, like split rubber. I had my Band 2 replaced because the charging capability quit several months ago - no problem. But just this weekend, my Band 2 rubber split, any ideas if they will still honor the warranty replacement for cosmetic issues like this?

I've seen a big thread just for band replacements, most have had their replaced for strap breaking, multiple times. I think the record is 6 replacements for one person :sweaty:

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
as far as I'm concerned, it's no questions asked for splitting... my store even told me, it's not split yet but I can see where it's about to, here's a new one anyways.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
And the Portland, OR store was totally cool about giving me a new one for the torn band. The employee seemed a little hesitant at first, asking when I had bought it. I said when it was released, and that I had purchased the warranty, and everything was smooth after that. Took about 20 minutes.

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Now you have to figure out 'why' the band split. I'm still on my first Band 2 and I can see 'how' people split the thing. Whenever I take it off I join it together to ensure that the strength remains and never, ever, squash it as I'm thinking that's how so many have been broken.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss