Band2 is starting to fail, should I try to replace or just go back to FitBit?

noirsoft

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Just this week I noticed that my Band2 band is starting to have the cracking problem, and I just now noticed that one of the metal bumps on the galvanic skin sensor has come off and been lost.

All the whiners and haters can go away, please. I want some rational polite discussion of my options.

Is it worth trying to get a replacement at this point? If the stores are all mostly sold out, will it even be possible? Anyone know what MS is doing if people go in with bands that need replacement these days? I replaced my band once during the battery problems, and am not sure if the replacement has a new warranty or if the original is still in effect.

If it's not worth replacing, I will probably just go back to a Fitbit device.

IIDXholic

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
For me, I would try and get a replacement out of warranty at the MS store, otherwise you'd have to look hard for one. I know there are some in the Marketplace for cheap, or you can always use some electrical tape =D

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I'd try to hold out for Oct 26 before giving up on Microsoft completely. But if you can get a warranty replacement now, do it.

That event is only 2 1/2 weeks away. In the grand scheme of things, it's not that far away.

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
If you are one of the hardcore, serious fitness types, you'd do better with Fitbit or Garmin just because you know they are committed to providing fitness bands in the future. Fitness bands are Fitbit's main business. Garmin has been doing it for over ten years. They probably aren't going to be exiting the fitness/sports buff market soon.

But for casual use where continuity of data might not matter as much, you can even pick up a fitness device from one of the lesser known Chinese manufacturers and it would provide you with more than adequate real time data.

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I'd try to hold out for Oct 26 before giving up on Microsoft completely. But if you can get a warranty replacement now, do it.

That event is only 2 1/2 weeks away. In the grand scheme of things, it's not that far away.

Based on what you wrote in this thread, I'm guessing that you're expecting a smartwatch announcement or tie-in from a third party?

noirsoft

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I posted this before the announcement for the 26th. Given that news, you are right in that I should wait at least until the 26th. I don't expect a Band 3, but I'd rather give myself the chance to be positively surprised.

noirsoft

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I had a Fitbit before the Band1, and I still have an Aria scale, so Fitbit has a significant advantage over other brands in terms of my personal usage and "ecosystem" of data.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Based on what you wrote in this thread, I'm guessing that you're expecting a smartwatch announcement or tie-in from a third party?
I'm thinking there will be a new wearable, probably a smartwatch. But they're going to have to do something to breath life into "Health" and Oct 26 seem like a good day to do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos