My Microsoft Band 2 died. RIP...

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Well, my Microsoft Band 2 died a couple days ago. Refuses to charge. Tried so much. Tried to reset to no avail. Loved my Band 2 so much.

Reluctant to pick up another Band 2 since they're full price and harder to find. If a Band 3 ever comes out, I'll be back.

Right now, I'm back to using my original Microsoft Band. Seems so archaic now once I got the Band 2. But still working like a charm and the battery life was actually better with the original Band in my opinion.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happened to mine last week. I contacted MS support and have sent it back to them (it's only 10 months old, still in warranty) so will hopefully be getting a new one back.

It's weird how these bands suddenly die.....no warning, works in the morning just fine, dies in the afternoon and can't be brought back. Not sure if It's battery or software related but it's seriously annoying

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hmm... I have to check the receipt. I bought it when it first came out. When did the Band 2 come out? I would love to get another one if it's covered by the warranty.

Same thing happened to mine last week. I contacted MS support and have sent it back to them (it's only 10 months old, still in warranty) so will hopefully be getting a new one back.

It's weird how these bands suddenly die.....no warning, works in the morning just fine, dies in the afternoon and can't be brought back. Not sure if It's battery or software related but it's seriously annoying

gbobman

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Don't bother looking for a receipt, just register the SN on the inside of the clasp. It will show if still under warranty. I was surprised my recently dead Band 2 was still covered. Now, impatience.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Don't bother looking for a receipt, just register the SN on the inside of the clasp. It will show if still under warranty. I was surprised my recently dead Band 2 was still covered. Now, impatience.

OMG! You are a lifesaver! Submitting a claim now! Warranty was set to expire in Feb 2017.

gbobman

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Looks as if they use quick delivery for these replacements - or at least that is what shows on my tracking from FedEx. 2day Express from the customer (and they paid for it) and looks like 1 day delivery for the return.

Still, impatience.

Glad I actually helped a bit, onlysublime :smile:

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
The strap started disintegrating but kept working until recently. Now, RIP. I've missed it, so am now eagerly awaiting Band2 Jr.

gbobman

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I got my Band 2 and it's working like a charm... TG for warranties!!! And the process was so painless.

Agreed. Let's hope some of their other corporate moves go more like this. The total disavowing of Lumia is really painful.

But my band is back and happy.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

I think it's a wire in the flexible band that connects the electronics to the battery pack. Once the wire is broken (from stretching), it's lights out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos