Cortana not working on band 2

JetFixxxer

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
When I try to set a reminder or anything like that. I get a message on the band 2 that "Sorry, I don't support that yet" and Cortana on my phone "sorry about that. I didn't hear anything".

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
What phone and OS version are you using? This is not something I normally do from my Band 2, but I just tested with my 950 running 14393.448 and was able to set a reminder without issues.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I had my Band 2 for like 8 months, everytime I tried to call Cortana, it never worked. It would give some error, cant hear you (when it was right at my mouth and I was speaking at a strong volume), or I dont support that (a simple text), or some other error. It was a joke on how bad it was. Honestly, I got it to work 1-2 times in the 8 months owning it, I gave up on that feature because it was not dependable.

If you are going to use a feautre like this, it needs to work when you NEED it, not when it decides to actually work...

I moved over to a Pebble Time steel, and it has avoice text reply feature, I just hold a button, select the person I want to text (my wife is always first on the list because I text her the most) and hit voice.... and you want to know what ? On my Pebble Time, 99.9% of the time, it has worked flawlessly even in rooms with some noise, even with the radio on in the car...

Dont even bother using the feature, it's just not that dependable..

JetFixxxer

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
What phone and OS version are you using? This is not something I normally do from my Band 2, but I just tested with my 950 running 14393.448 and was able to set a reminder without issues.

Icon latest fast ring build. My co-worker has a 950 and on the latest fast ring build as well. He gets the same error when he tries it with his band 2 as well.

Elvis7

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
my band 2, is also giving me the same issue. with anything I ask of it, text,call, alarm, it always says

"Sorry, I don't support that yet" and Cortana on my phone "sorry about that. I didn't hear anything".

is this a firmware os issue or is my band's mic dead?

band build#2.0.5301.0 26 R
lumia 950xl build# 10.0.14965.1001

however, since the bands firmware update a month ago, it stopped randomly crashing and not powering on until plugged in, even if at full charge.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I switched to the AU. All Cortana features work perfectly w the 640XL and Band 2.

What phone /build are you using?

Did you pin Cortana to Start screen?

Sent from mTalk

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Oh just saw you are on 950XL. It didn't work on my 950XL either. But works perfectly on 640XL, which I have found to be a superior device.

Sent from mTalk

rath79

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this same issue, was working flawlessly on my 950xl general release but as soon as I switched to fast ring the not supported error came up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo