08-08-2018 04:11 PM
56 123
tools
    Thank you! That works (after manually clicking sync several times) for activity; sleep data has not successfully synced yet; perhaps not implemented in the MS Health > Fitbit conversion.
    Hmm.... Sleep is shown in the table as 'Read' from MS Health and 'Read/Write' for FitBit, so it should be working. :/
    02-14-2017 08:13 AM
    Well, I just handed my 2nd Band 2 back for a full refund. I will miss it like crazy, but I have just ordered a Garmin Vivoactive HR to fill the void.

I will miss the health app as it was so well laid out and the web portal is perfect. Hopefully Garmin Connect will be a decent replacement.
    02-14-2017 09:14 AM
    I've had my Vivoactive HR for a week now and I can say I'm satisfied with it. I've tried the Vivosmart HR+ for 2 days and didn't like it.
    02-15-2017 10:41 AM
    Just got a Garmin VivoSmart HR+ to replace a Band 2.

I got a full refund for the Band 2 as the strap was splitting (I was in the second year of the 2-year extended warranty, and was told refunds are given to those in the second year).

The recent update to the Garmin Connect app for Windows 10 Mobile is what drew me first. The VivoSmart HR+ is a very close match to the Band 2, as it has a similar form factor with built-in GPS functionality, and very similar (I'd say better) stats and activity tracking software.
    I gave up a UV sensor, microphone, and colour display on the Band 2. There aren't add-ons (like the Starbucks app), but I didn't really use them. Instead, the Vivosmart HR+ is waterproof, the watch face can be always on (and is fantastic in direct sunlight), and the strap is very light and breathable. I wear it on the inside on the left wrist (like the Band 2), and it can also be on the top of the wrist with a portrait display.
    What sold me also is the rich set of notifications connected to phone apps (I can scan the content of texts and e-mails). Bluetooth connectivity can be a little iffy (I did have problems with the Band 2 though, with the Cortana microphone rarely working). However, restarting after Garmin firmware upgrades, and re-installing the Garmin Connect app has stabilized things. It looks like the Bluetooth support in the Creators Update will help, as I've heard Microsoft is working with Garmin as well as Fitbit. But the rich and customizable set of notifications is another plus for the VivoSmart HR+.

While there aren't apps that can be added to the VivoSmart, there are some nice firmware add-ons, such as music controls and control of a Garmin action camera.

So far this is a great direct replacement for the Band 2, with a nearly identical feature set. My focus was on notifications from the phone when I'm working, and daily fitness and sleep tracking, with an emphasis on running. I also like that I can pick up replacement chargers at Best Buy, as the one I need works with several Garmin devices.
    fgol, Witness and Sponge920 like this.
    02-20-2017 11:47 AM
    Do any of these smartbands have the guided workout like the band had. That was one of my favorite features
    anon(9895094) likes this.
    02-21-2017 11:52 AM
    After my 6th band 2 I have went with the samsung gear S3 Frontier and I am very satisfied with the smart watch It is as good or maybe a bit better than my Band2 which I loved. It is a bit pricey but I feel it is well worth it, you may want to give it a try I am growing to love it as much as my band2
    02-21-2017 06:55 PM
    Just got a Garmin VivoSmart HR+ to replace a Band 2.

So far this is a great direct replacement for the Band 2, with a nearly identical feature set. My focus was on notifications from the phone when I'm working, and daily fitness and sleep tracking, with an emphasis on running. I also like that I can pick up replacement chargers at Best Buy, as the one I need works with several Garmin devices.
    One of my main concerns is notifications. When a text comes in, what is the average time it took for it to reach the Vivo? When I tried the Vector watch, it would take anywhere from 30sec to 5min and sometimes never - that was a dealbreaker.
    02-24-2017 01:28 PM
    On the samsung gear S3 frontier notifications are instantaneous If this is a priority the gear is your best chose. I am amazed at my email and Text come in not 2 sec. after my phone beeps also have not missed one single notification in 4 months better than my Band2 ever was.
    11B1P likes this.
    02-25-2017 06:16 PM
    Do any of these smartbands have the guided workout like the band had. That was one of my favorite features
    Nope, nothing comes close to this like the Band. I have a Garmin Fenix 3HR and I still have to use my Band 2 for lifting weights. Well, I was up until about a week ago when I sent my Band 2 in for battery issues.
    anon(9895094) likes this.
    02-26-2017 04:26 PM
    On the samsung gear S3 frontier notifications are instantaneous If this is a priority the gear is your best chose. I am amazed at my email and Text come in not 2 sec. after my phone beeps also have not missed one single notification in 4 months better than my Band2 ever was.
    Haha, it's not the Band, it's the phone. I was using an Icon and Band 2 up until Black Friday. Switched to a Samsung Galaxy S7 and all of a sudden, notifications starting arriving on my Band BEFORE the phone. Now don't get me wrong, my Icon and Band 2 worked good together the majority of the time. But, my Android phone worked BETTER with my Band 2 than my Windows phone.
    02-26-2017 04:31 PM
    After my 6th band 2 I have went with the samsung gear S3 Frontier and I am very satisfied with the smart watch It is as good or maybe a bit better than my Band2 which I loved. It is a bit pricey but I feel it is well worth it, you may want to give it a try I am growing to love it as much as my band2
    The problem I found with the Gear S3 is that calendar events wouldn't save to the watch and then be available if your phone wasn't connected via BT. That was one of the best features about the Band I used. I could create all my calendar events, sync them down to my Band and then leave my phone in my car while I was at work. Then when the time for an appointment came up, my Band vibrated and told me the appointment. As far as I could determine, this feature is not available on the Gear S3. There are some features that the Gear S3 that does not have available as a stand-alone device.
    Byrese likes this.
    02-26-2017 04:37 PM
    One of my main concerns is notifications. When a text comes in, what is the average time it took for it to reach the Vivo? When I tried the Vector watch, it would take anywhere from 30sec to 5min and sometimes never - that was a dealbreaker.
    Mine appears to be virtually instant.
    Witness likes this.
    03-01-2017 04:13 AM
    My band is in to service again, so I'm looking at options assuming they are out of slice. The Mio Slice sounds interesting, but I'm also keeping an eye on Android Ware 2.0 devises coming out, although, that of course is no longer a band, but big clunky (but still cool) watch. Would probably only consider ones with HR and that I felt I could sleep in.
    GEKobe1 likes this.
    04-26-2017 03:17 PM
    Got me a like new band 2 replacement for $60. Band 2 lives (in my case at least)

My current band is about to split at the class charging side.
    04-27-2017 08:24 AM
    Well, I tried a Garmin but never got beyond the pairing screen (round and round and round, got nowhere).
    Then I tried a Fitbit Charge 2, but notifications still haven't arrived despite being promised 2 years ago. Even when they do arrive, email notifications aren't supported with any phone (not even iOS and Android). Real killer was after a regular day when I'd expect to have done 15,000 steps, the Fitbit claimed 25k steps and 5000 kcals.
    So, it doesn't do what I need it to do. What it does do is dreadfully inaccurate.
    Currently empty wrist, looking for what next.
    04-29-2017 01:20 AM
    My fourth band 2 split across the width of the strap, and this time Microsoft stated that I could no longer have it replaced. So I carefully ran a slim line of super glue in the split area, and so far it has been good for a month. As Ebay is full of split bands I might buy a couple on the cheap and give them the same treatment.
    04-29-2017 01:44 AM
    The problem I found with the Gear S3 is that calendar events wouldn't save to the watch and then be available if your phone wasn't connected via BT. That was one of the best features about the Band I used. I could create all my calendar events, sync them down to my Band and then leave my phone in my car while I was at work. Then when the time for an appointment came up, my Band vibrated and told me the appointment. As far as I could determine, this feature is not available on the Gear S3. There are some features that the Gear S3 that does not have available as a stand-alone device.
    So, to update this post, I was incorrect. The Gear S3 does sync the calendar events for "unconnected" BT use. This has been the best smartwatch I've had to date. The fitness ability of the Band 2 and the Health app on the web are better, but the smart notifications, Samsung Pay, watch faces and design of the Gear S3 is better.

If you're looking for a replacement, grab a Samsung S7 or S8 and the Gear S3, and you will be very satisfied.
    05-17-2017 04:31 AM
    First band I tried after MS Band2 broke the last time was the Gramin Vivosmart 3. It has some new HRV/stress functionality as well as auto activity recognition that I thought sounded nice. Screen is small and bad, but I didn't care about that. It was comfortable, and I was generally really happy with it, but while it did great for all day and walking HR it was just horrible to point I couldn't use it. I tested inside and outside of writs and different tightnesses. It wasn't that the HR wasn't accurate, it would drop to 50-80 during hard bike rides, vs. 100 or so for walks. My CO2 which was 59 on MS Band2 was 39 on Garmin. I returned it at end of 2 week window. Thought about Garmin Vivoactive HR, or the new Polar M430 coming out, but ended up trying out the Fitbit Blaze. I have to say I'm really happy with it. While it is big, it is thin, and is comfortable to ware all day. More importantly it has reasonable tracking when cycling. I give up the waterproof feature of Vivosmart 3, but I pick up phone linked GPS which is nice. I typically have my phone anyway. Here are some screenshtos of HR with Vivosmart 3, MS band, and Fitbit Blaze, all on similar days with bike commute to/from work.

https://goo.gl/photos/urHTbYawC2xY74y69
    05-17-2017 01:22 PM
    My fourth band 2 split across the width of the strap, and this time Microsoft stated that I could no longer have it replaced. So I carefully ran a slim line of super glue in the split area, and so far it has been good for a month. As Ebay is full of split bands I might buy a couple on the cheap and give them the same treatment.
    We electrical-taped ours for months until they finally dies.

I've gone to Fenix 5 - but can report ridiculously poor connectivity to phone. Sync stinks - I very, very rarely get a full sync and never an easy sync. (That being said the device is great and works great in and of itself, it's just not much more useful than a watch right now.)

I miss my Band.
    05-26-2017 12:01 PM
    I had the Garmin Fenix 3hr and it worked great with my Samsung Galaxy S7....heck even my MSB 2 works better with my GS7 than it did with my Nokia Icon....
    07-23-2017 05:46 PM
    I still have a very functional Band 2 and am happy with it. However, I have made the Garmin Fenix 3 my primary watch. It's not a fair comparison because the Garmin is so much more expensive. But it's truly an amazing watch. Very stylish. Waterproof up to 100 meters. I use it to track my swimming as well as my other activities.

The battery lasts "forever". In GPS mode, it can go 24 hours. The Band 2 would last 3 hours or so on GPS mode. And in regular watch mode, the Garmin can last weeks between charges. The secret sauce is that it uses a color eInk display rather than a traditional LCD. So it doesn't have the lovely color of LCD. But functionality is kind with the Garmin.

And it pairs so easily. The Band and Band 2 can be adventures when it comes to pairing. Sometimes it works without trouble. Other times, it's a nightmare to pair.
    07-30-2017 05:07 PM
    For one ZDnet writer, it's the Fitbit Charge 2
    07-31-2017 06:01 PM
    I liked how the Band 2 was able to check my heart rate 30 min before my alarm and woke me up when I was not in deep sleep.
    Is there a band out there that does the same thing? I hate this groggy feeling in the morning.
    08-15-2017 06:31 AM
    Nope, nothing comes close to this like the Band. I have a Garmin Fenix 3HR and I still have to use my Band 2 for lifting weights. Well, I was up until about a week ago when I sent my Band 2 in for battery issues.
    I DON'T believe that there isn't something similar to guided workouts out there... Is that still the case? Even for an android phone? I mean, this seems like such an awesome and everyday use feature... I don't believe that only I and few others are interested in this! Ever since my first band broke last year, I've been looking for a wearable with this feature, and nothing. Can't even find a discussion about it. This is one of the very few threads where guided workouts are mentioned. Unreal. The only thing I'm finding is the Atlas Wristband, but that is way too specialized, not a smartwatch really.
    08-18-2017 04:31 AM
    From the Band 2 (refusing to buy my 3rd one) I went the Fitbit Charge 2 road. I was satisfied rather complacent and missed the Band 2 almost daily. Thankfully the unit crapped on itself (display was backwards or mirrored, and the screen would sometimes not work.) Fitbit replaced it with no problem but I opted to check out the Gear Fit 2 in the interim and I have been nothing but happy. The notifications are great. Matter of fact I ordered the Gear Fit 2 Pro for the update (battery life and water proofing.) I never used the Band 2's guided workouts so I don't miss that but for my purposes this is my more than adequate Band 2 replacement.
    09-15-2017 10:11 AM
56 123