Solved my MS B2 Battery Problem

Snook0305

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,
While on vacation my band started shutting off randomly during the day and when I long pressed the main button it would come back on claiming the battery died but actually the battery had power left (and displayed as having power.) I started reading on forums and see this was a common problem and that Band 2s are out of service life. I almost threw it away but figured, "what the heck," I'll just take it apart when I get home and see what is inside.
On the female end of the clasp there is a thin metal plate which is glued on. This can be pried off easily with a small screw driver or toothpick etc. Under that are 4 Torx size 3 (T3) screws. I removed these screws and the top and bottom piece can be removed, if some difficulty, from the rubber wrist band middle section. They are secured to the rubber with some strong black adhesive or some kind. Inside this area is the galv skin sensor and the battery. I inspected the battery from the outside and it seemed intact (no bulging, discoloration or anything like that,)disconnected the battery and put a voltmeter across it and it was outputting the correct voltage. I don't have a load tester so I didn't load test it. Then I cleaned off the adhesive from all the parts and reassembled using on ly the screws to hold it together (which they do just fine.)
It has been two weeks and no battery issues have been experienced since. It seems that the connection between the battey and connector became corroded or loose and just removing and reinstalling put it right.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Whilst I cannot offer you much advice on this it was a great read to see what you did to try and fix it. I loved my Band 2 (gave it to a friend eventually) but I do wish it has been more user serviceable.

Snook0305

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I'm not asking for help, rather saying what I did, which worked for me. Because I haven't seen this yet in many hours of research online. Maybe it will work for someone else.

David Goldwasser

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for these instructions. I went through three bands each in a few months with battery issue. I was convinced that it wasn't just my bad luck on getting lemon watches was the issue but that how it is used played a roll. I had been wearing it with the clasp down which as I type at my desk was giving very frequent contact with desk and clasp. On my 4th band I reversed it and wear the screen down. Its been 6 month and no issues yet. Maybe has nothing to do with how a wear it, but good to have approach to try and fix it does come up, although until my 2 years run out I should be able to get refund vs. throwing it away if it doesn't work.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Mine just crapped out today. Including the original, this will be number SIX. The issue I keep having is after a few months it just turns off and when I put it on the charger, it shows as if it was zero percent. Today it lasted about an hour before it shut down. If the Austin location doesn't have any more to replace it, I will be tearing it down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234