Warranty is a Joke

Juldewy

Jun 3, 2017
Visit site
What a nightmare. I purchased my Microsoft Band 2 last year in March, 2016. Within 6 months, it would randomly turn off during the day, even though it still had battery power - useless. I contacted customer service and was sent a replacement (also defective). That one died by about February, 2017. I contacted customer service and was sent yet another replacement. The agent assured me that I would receive a fully functioning band. Well, that one was defective as well.it stopped working or charging by June 1st. Having being sent 2 defective replacements, I was quite frustrated and contacted support again. Now I'm being told that my "extended" warranty ended on May 21st (11 days before the third band died), and there's nothing they can do but apologize. I'm basically out my money, and after dealing with this extremely crappy product for a year and a half, they will not compensate me whatsoever. Apparently there is an arbitration process, but the supervisor I spoke with essentially said that altough there are several customers in the same situation, disputing this will make absolutely no difference. What a slap in the face.They clearly don't care about their customers, and feel that it is acceptable to send defective replacements until the warranty is up. Thank God it wasn't a more expensive product! I feel extremely disappointed in this lack of support and overall courtesy. I will no longer purchase Microsoft products, nor will my friends or family. SHAME ON YOU, MICROSOFT!

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
What a nightmare. I purchased my Microsoft Band 2 last year in March, 2016. Within 6 months, it would randomly turn off during the day, even though it still had battery power - useless. I contacted customer service and was sent a replacement (also defective). That one died by about February, 2017. I contacted customer service and was sent yet another replacement. The agent assured me that I would receive a fully functioning band. Well, that one was defective as well.it stopped working or charging by June 1st. Having being sent 2 defective replacements, I was quite frustrated and contacted support again. Now I'm being told that my "extended" warranty ended on May 21st (11 days before the third band died), and there's nothing they can do but apologize. I'm basically out my money, and after dealing with this extremely crappy product for a year and a half, they will not compensate me whatsoever. Apparently there is an arbitration process, but the supervisor I spoke with essentially said that altough there are several customers in the same situation, disputing this will make absolutely no difference. What a slap in the face.They clearly don't care about their customers, and feel that it is acceptable to send defective replacements until the warranty is up. Thank God it wasn't a more expensive product! I feel extremely disappointed in this lack of support and overall courtesy. I will no longer purchase Microsoft products, nor will my friends or family. SHAME ON YOU, MICROSOFT!

You said it was an "extended" warranty, was it through Microsoft or another company?

netwirejohn

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to my world. I went through global escalations for a Surface Book dispute and they clearly didn't care to resolve the issue. I even reached out to some top guys through linkedin at Engineering and they just simply didn't care to respond even when I provided evidence of the issues. After persistence I got the Microsoft Store supervisor to provide me a full refund. Going through the same ordeal now with the Band. Microsoft's hardware is innovative but its crap if the hardware can't last.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos