Windows 10 Mobile Garmin App updated

ManofGod1000

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
It appears that the app has been updated in the last couple of days on Windows 10 Mobile. :) It now has an indicator of spinning dots when the app loads up and it does load faster now. Also, it appears that the notifications sent to my Vivoactive HR is working correctly now as well.

It even worked when I turned off my phone and turned it back on. (I needed to use my sim in an iPhone I repaired so I could activate it and then put in back in my Lumia 950.) Have to say, it is better than it was before, thanks.

fgol

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Yes! After months of being on Android because of frustration when I got the VivoactiveHR, I started trying some Insider builds on my Elite X3. Prior buid and updated Garmin app didn't work any better. The latest build (15250) IT WORKS!

Notifications working very well, and even after disconnect and reconnect. This is great. I booted up the x3 a couple of weeks ago and really liked seeing it again so I'm hopeful in going back to it as my rimary phone.

Now what to do with a Galaxy s8+??

ManofGod1000

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Not on my end. I have a Alcatel Idol 4s, really good phone but, it will not connect the Vivoactive 3 correctly. It connects or at least tries to but, the 6 digit code disappears quickly, a bunch of zero's show and then they disappear. I thought it was the watch so I had it rma'ed, it worked for a couple of days and went back to the same behavior as before.

I think something is getting installed, not an update but, I cannot find anything specific to remove.

rfutscher

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I found that when I paired my band to my Windows phone that my device settings changed and I had the wrong displays. When they told me how to change the settings when we got to the menu to change the settings, it didn't have the options to change the settings. After an hours long chat with Garmin support they told me that there wasn't anything they could do because they were no longer updating or supporting the Windows app.

They also told me that if I am out of cell coverage and cross a time zone I can't set the time. Same when you are in an airplane. No Internet, no setting the time on the band.

fgol

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for following up!

Well after all my bragging about how well the VivoActiveHR worked with the latest WM10 builds, I ran into problems Saturday.

• Initial symptom was for the past few weeks the sync would cut out early, like after 50% but still report "green." Activity would not sync but notifications still worked dependably.
  • Saturday I lost connection and could not reconnect. It was like the original problem with BT and WM10. Deleted the device, repaired. Uninstalled the app and re-installed. Rebooted phone and watch. Nothing worked.
  • I finally reset my watch to default settings (closest thing I could find to a factory reset), and everything is back again. Syncs my activities again, notifications work, music control works. :smile:

I suspect the Garmin firmware might have a bug or two causing things to get corrupted, memory to leak, or whatever on the watch after some amount of time.

Frank

ManofGod1000

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Well after all my bragging about how well the VivoActiveHR worked with the latest WM10 builds, I ran into problems Saturday.

• Initial symptom was for the past few weeks the sync would cut out early, like after 50% but still report "green." Activity would not sync but notifications still worked dependably.
  • Saturday I lost connection and could not reconnect. It was like the original problem with BT and WM10. Deleted the device, repaired. Uninstalled the app and re-installed. Rebooted phone and watch. Nothing worked.
  • I finally reset my watch to default settings (closest thing I could find to a factory reset), and everything is back again. Syncs my activities again, notifications work, music control works. :smile:

I suspect the Garmin firmware might have a bug or two causing things to get corrupted, memory to leak, or whatever on the watch after some amount of time.

Frank

Wish I could say that would have resolved my Vivoactive 3 issues but, it did not. I had to get an RMA replacement because it had issues connecting to my Android phone and would not properly connect to my Windows phones. (The 6 digit code would pop up on the screen, disappear quickly, a 6 digit 000000 code would pop up, disappear quickly and that was that.)

So, I received the replacement and it worked, right up until I allowed the Garmin Express program to install something and after that, the problems were back. Garmin support has no clue why and I have nothing installed beyond the default apps and widgets.

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
The Vivoactive barely works and stopped synching altogether today. I'm trying to reset but I'm very close to giving up. Guess no fitness tracker for me.

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Have you also nuked all your data from your Garmin account? I have come to the conclusion a bad sync did something. Some of my data no longer syncs, and some of it is no longer retrievable from web or the app on either PC or phone. Great tracker when everything worked, but honestly, Garmin seems to have become Polar.

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to re-install the software. It worked more or less for about two months. Never worked well. It just stopped synching altogether yesterday. If that doesn't work it's going on craigslist. Seems these fitness trackers are not ready for prime time. I had similar issues with a Fitbit where it just stopped working one day. Fitbit sent me two replacements they did the same thing. I just gave up. Ready to just give up again.

All I get is "Can't Find Your Device". Maybe this device is bad. It was used.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea