Invoke + SmartThings?

psurob55

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Currently I have an echo tap. Its ok. I use it for TV control with a harmony hub.

I'd eventually like to get an EcoBee3 and some smart plugs / wireless dimmers (lutron caseta?) for lighting control.

I see the Invoke is on sale currently for $100 and the smart things hub is on sale for $50. Considering both of these and moving from the Tap to the Invoke.

My main wants are:

1) ecobee support (possible with smart things hub + invoke)
2) Xbox skill to replace Kinect for voice commands (this has to be coming....right?!)
3) smart lighting support (possible with smart things + invoke)
4) 3rd party music support (google / amz) - PLEASE MICROSOFT!
5) Harmony hub support (does smart things cover this?)

It seems like I'd be good for the most part, and I am vested in the windows eco system. Just curious if anyone else has gone this route and what their experience was?

Also using MS Launcher / Cortana / Edge / Bing on my galaxy S8!

ea3dfx

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I have invoke, smartthings, and harmony hub under the same roof. All z-wave and zigbee devices connected to ST hub work flawless with Invoke. ST hub could connect Harmony and their devices could be interactively triggered. But I haven't find a way to turn my TVs through Invoke. I guess we need either wait for native support of invoke or try IFTTT for unsupported devices, such WIFI plugs.

psurob55

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have invoke, smartthings, and harmony hub under the same roof. All z-wave and zigbee devices connected to ST hub work flawless with Invoke. ST hub could connect Harmony and their devices could be interactively triggered. But I haven't find a way to turn my TVs through Invoke. I guess we need either wait for native support of invoke or try IFTTT for unsupported devices, such WIFI plugs.

So Harmony will work with smart things? If so then I'm probably going to jump in.

Pairadyce

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
My experience with SmartThings so far is better than Alexa and SmartThings. My wife put several Christmas light on iHome plugs and when you tell Alexa to turn them on/off sometimes she says the devices are named too similar. Saying the same exact thing to Cortana, I've never had any issues. Same with my ecobee4. Cortana seems to detect more natural speech than Alexa.

Next I'm looking to replace outlets and switches throughout the house and add some presence detection. I want to do shades/blinds and air vents but that stuff is expensive at the moment and I'm not sure I need it yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium