Invoke as TV speaker

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Is there any way to use the Invoke as a TV speaker if the TV doesn't have Bluetooth? Any other way to connect it to an audio source?

Also, the Invoke is not officially launched in Canada (where I am). Is there any reason to be concerned about trying to set it up/use it outside the US? (As a side note, Cortana works FAR BETTER on my 950XL DS with its language set to US English, even though the phone's region and language are set to Canadian English.)

Pairadyce

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
The Invoke does not have an audio-out option. I have seen some Bluetooth transmitter/receivers for TVs but not sure how they would pair with the Invoke since it does not have a visual interface. I have a Sony smart tv that I tried to pair with mine but the version of Android on it would not allow me to. I imagine you'd need an audio receiver with Bluetooth capability to pair to the Invoke, then connect to your TV. Not sure it's worth that amount of effort if you don't already have the hardware.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey @Kerry2112 Vancouver BC invoke owner here!

When setting up, you'll need to set your device to US to be able to download the Cortana devices setup app and get sorted. You also need a Windows 10 not mobile to be able to set up some of the skills if you want to log into services like open table

Other than that, it works pretty much standalone, until you come across a skill that needs setting up

I find I'm not a big skill user at this time... playing music, asking my calendar, checking my flight is all I've really used it for.

I've thought about a Bluetooth speaker for TV too and have been contemplating a Bluetooth receiver, nothing too fancy

Pairadyce

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Hey @Kerry2112 Vancouver BC invoke owner here!

When setting up, you'll need to set your device to US to be able to download the Cortana devices setup app and get sorted. You also need a Windows 10 not mobile to be able to set up some of the skills if you want to log into services like open table

Other than that, it works pretty much standalone, until you come across a skill that needs setting up

I find I'm not a big skill user at this time... playing music, asking my calendar, checking my flight is all I've really used it for.

I've thought about a Bluetooth speaker for TV too and have been contemplating a Bluetooth receiver, nothing too fancy
You can set it up on Windows 10 Mobile, you don't need a PC, Apple, or Android device

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
You can set it up on Windows 10 Mobile, you don't need a PC, Apple, or Android device

Initial setup yes, not the skills, it tells you to use something else... Well that's what it did on my insider phone.

I also didn't have the greatest success setting up by Windows Mobile phone either, or maybe i just got impatient with the waiting, but my surface 3 on insider worked more smoothly to set it up

Pairadyce

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I have been able to, it if you ask Cortana to open a skill, it then thinks about it and asks you to accept the permissions. Though there's not any skills I've needed to add outside of SmartThings tbh

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I use it as my PC speaker at work and it is fine...the normal Bluetooth audio lag/sync issues with video...I would have loved to have seen a direction connection option. There is a Micro-USB port on it but haven't tried seeing if that would provide options for direct

GregoryCook

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Is there any way to use the Invoke as a TV speaker if the TV doesn't have Bluetooth? Any other way to connect it to an audio source?

Also, the Invoke is not officially launched in Canada (where I am). Is there any reason to be concerned about trying to set it up/use it outside the US? (As a side note, Cortana works FAR BETTER on my 950XL DS with its language set to US English, even though the phone's region and language are set to Canadian English.)

Thread is a year old, but here’s your fix.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01I...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3797726

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss