GLAS - what can it work with?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I have to say climate control is really about the one smart home feature that seems to have any value to me. I'm designing a home, and I want to include lunos e2 heat recovery and some heating and cooling options - but I don't know/can't really tell what the glas will be compatible with. It mentions some vagueries on the website.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also what happens if you have two cortana driven devices set to respond to "hey cortana". Do they both fire up? That could be annoying.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Cortana (Alexa, Google & Siri too) is supposed to be spatially aware. The closest device SHOULD handle the request. Unfortunately this is not always the case. Looks like GLAS (and Nest, Honeywell, etc) has an app for iPhone and Android. IF you are not using one of those phones, maybe you have an iPad or Samsung tablet you can use in a pinch?

As for your question about supported systems, devices etc, I think your best bet would be to talk to a GLAS representative.

https://glas.johnsoncontrols.com/support/

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Cortana (Alexa, Google & Siri too) is supposed to be spatially aware. The closest device SHOULD handle the request. Unfortunately this is not always the case. Looks like GLAS (and Nest, Honeywell, etc) has an app for iPhone and Android. IF you are not using one of those phones, maybe you have an iPad or Samsung tablet you can use in a pinch?

As for your question about supported systems, devices etc, I think your best bet would be to talk to a GLAS representative.

https://glas.johnsoncontrols.com/support/

I'll probably do that when I build my house. Most of the help files are for people upgrading their house, not new builds, so it's focused on replacement. I know it can run fans and space heaters, just not sure about the lunos e2. Guess it's not vital, but might be nice for not running HRV when no ones at home, and preserving more heat.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I'll probably do that when I build my house. Most of the help files are for people upgrading their house, not new builds, so it's focused on replacement. I know it can run fans and space heaters, just not sure about the lunos e2. Guess it's not vital, but might be nice for not running HRV when no ones at home, and preserving more heat.

I'm pretty sure those systems have those type functions, and can be set to KNOW when you have left or arrive and adjust the settings for each, OR be on a precise timer, BUT allow for the system to adjust IF you arrive early. Most are based around detection of your phone.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I'm pretty sure those systems have those type functions, and can be set to KNOW when you have left or arrive and adjust the settings for each, OR be on a precise timer, BUT allow for the system to adjust IF you arrive early. Most are based around detection of your phone.

Glas detects people. Physically. Lunos e2 runs at a flat rate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes