Band active users: Have you received your refund email yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
still using mine and also my GF is using hers, but neither of us received anything, is this only state side? I'm in Canada BTW how do we apply for this?

vidhyasome

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I have not received an email either, I have data syncs in the time period mentioned., but the band was purchased in 2017 in India from ebay, and I am currently in Canada.. Microsoft chat support asked me to contact ebay for a refund though lol..

dar981

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I just recieved an email from microsoft asking for my payment details to process my refund for my band 2?

I have inspected the email several times and i am a genuine band 2 user, and I logged in manually on microsoft.com to their payment system. It says its awaiting microsoft approval on their site. You need your bank details and your IBN number (banking code), for it to register your bank for a payment transaction.

The email looks genuine and was addressed properly rather than a generic email and I could not find any malicious links in it, but I still didnt click on anything and just went directly to microsoft's own website. I did the paperwork manually throught their payment processor. Even though the email looks completely genuine.

I am located in the UK

There appears to be a two day time limit on the request as stated in the email, I wasnt taking any chances so i didnt click on any links till I see if anyone else has got one?

Email starts: (this is the copy and pasted text, the full email is more detailed)

Greeting from Microsoft! Darren (full name is written here, i have removed it). have been invited to onboard as a payee. This will enable Microsoft to move forward with release of a pending refund, rebate, or partner payment.

To Sign-in to Microsoft Payment Central, you will need to sign in with your email (removed by me)

In order to receive this payment, please provide your payment information by completing below steps within the next two (2) business days.

Next Steps:

1. Go to Microsoft Payment Central

2. Click on Sign-in

3. Provide your email address and password.
Note: If you see a Work/School account and a Personal account option, choose the Personal account option.
Note: If this email address is not associated to a Microsoft Account, you will need to associate it to a Microsoft Account. Click “Create one” at the bottom of the Sign-in page to associate your current email address. Please note, “Create account” does not create a new email address.
4. Complete the required information
5. Submit
If you are unable to Sign-in, please review the Sign-in instructions here. If you require additional Sign-in assistance, please seek help here.
If you have any questions regarding your payee invite, please reach out to your Microsoft Business Contact/Customer Service Representative. If you require assistance using the Microsoft Payment Central tool, please visit the Microsoft Payment Central Frequently Asked Questions Page. Otherwise, you may Request Support.

Thank you for your cooperation with this process. We value your business and are working diligently to release your pending payment.

Microsoft Accounts Payable Help Desk

Last edited:

Plasbot

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Wow 2 day time limit! Yeah I got the email too and am filling out the details. Wish I didn't have to give my bank info. I too did not click the link and instead found the payment processor with bing. It redirected me to payeeportal dot trafficmanager dot net. Seems legit so far...

dar981

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Wow 2 day time limit! Yeah I got the email too and am filling out the details. Wish I didn't have to give my bank info. I too did not click the link and instead found the payment processor with bing. It redirected me to payeeportal dot trafficmanager dot net. Seems legit so far...

they cant take any money out with your bank account number, only pay money in, so it is relatively safe. (relatively like anything, but it is microsoft!) Thanks for posting. I just simply went to microsoft directly and didnt touch any links just to be sure.

It sent me to this: paymentcentral.microsoft.com

ps i still use my band, going to be weird once it shuts off. I got a galaxy watch to replace it. My band 2 is still in excellent condition sob!

Last edited:

Plasbot

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
lol I'm still using my band 1! My band 2 (replaced once), rip got to be too much and when I laid in too hard to repair it tight with Extreme tape it messed something up on it. I'm so mad at myself because I probably could have repaired it well enough for one last sync but I guess I threw it away or lost it somewhere. Oh well it was a good run.
Do you have your eye on something to replace it?
Ooops never mind didn't read I'll take a look at that galaxy.

dar981

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
lol I'm still using my band 1! My band 2 (replaced once), rip got to be too much and when I laid in too hard to repair it tight with Extreme tape it messed something up on it. I'm so mad at myself because I probably could have repaired it well enough for one last sync but I guess I threw it away or lost it somewhere. Oh well it was a good run.
Do you have your eye on something to replace it?
Ooops never mind didn't read I'll take a look at that galaxy.

I did actually try a fitbit but it just was not the same. The galaxy watch feels different and I do love the fitness aspect and customisation of it.

I had three band 2;s first one i dropped, second one the strap broke same as yours, third and final one still seems okay. Just a shame they are shutting it off the service. It does say it will sync until you reset your band or phone, then it wont work anymore, so I might as well use it. Despite the refund.

dar981

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I just got confirmation from microsoft that my account has been approved and microsoft will now proceed with the payment process.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I've not received anything yet and it doesn't look as though there's an option to contest whether you should get a refund or not.

Which email address does the email come from, just in case it gets caught by the spam filter?

dar981

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I've not received anything yet and it doesn't look as though there's an option to contest whether you should get a refund or not.

Which email address does the email come from, just in case it gets caught by the spam filter?

First email Microsoft Payment Central Microsoft@e-mail.microsoft.com

2nd email Microsoft Payment Central - (confirmation) same email address reads:

Dear Darren (full name removed)

Congratulations and greetings from Microsoft! Your payee profile has been created and approved by Microsoft and will move forward with payment disbursement process.

dar981

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
god i hope its not just us two? It cant be really? no one else yet? just two people for refunds that we know of? geez i hope we see more posters!

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
Now I have a Microsoft Payee Account Number with Microsoft Payment Central.

if I actually get a partial refund my Band 2 experience was actually rather cheep. I purchased the original one at Best Buy for $250 shortly after launch on sale. Replaced it roughly 8 months later at MS Store on warranty. The second one died roughly a year later due to multiple issues. My final one was purchased used for $20 in new condition and last over a year finally failing in early February of this year.

I still miss several Band 2 features like the auto stride calibration with use of GPS and the color coded speed levels on map when using gps. Garmin doesn't do this, or haven't figured it out yet. Also, my Band 2 seems to have provided more accurate mapping of my running and biking routes. My Garmin is cutting corners pretty bad even when collecting data every second. RIP Band 2.

dar981

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Now I have a Microsoft Payee Account Number with Microsoft Payment Central.

if I actually get a partial refund my Band 2 experience was actually rather cheep. I purchased the original one at Best Buy for $250 shortly after launch on sale. Replaced it roughly 8 months later at MS Store on warranty. The second one died roughly a year later due to multiple issues. My final one was purchased used for $20 in new condition and last over a year finally failing in early February of this year.

I still miss several Band 2 features like the auto stride calibration with use of GPS and the color coded speed levels on map when using gps. Garmin doesn't do this, or haven't figured it out yet. Also, my Band 2 seems to have provided more accurate mapping of my running and biking routes. My Garmin is cutting corners pretty bad even when collecting data every second. RIP Band 2.

Seems weird so far only what three? god?

Ps I still use my band 2, on my lumia 640, shame at the moment it doesnt work with some android phones on OS9. (oreo?), I had to switch it back to the Lumia to get it to work. I feel weird that Im using a piece of dead technology, Obviously if i have to reset the phone or band 2, it will stop working after the sync. I just wish there was some way round this after the switch off date. I have a galaxy watch, but i still prefer the band as I love the privacy aspect of the band2 on the inner wrist. It is far more discreet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte