Band active users: Have you received your refund email yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
Seems weird so far only what three? god?

Ps I still use my band 2, on my lumia 640, shame at the moment it doesnt work with some android phones on OS9. (oreo?), I had to switch it back to the Lumia to get it to work. I feel weird that Im using a piece of dead technology, Obviously if i have to reset the phone or band 2, it will stop working after the sync. I just wish there was some way round this after the switch off date. I have a galaxy watch, but i still prefer the band as I love the privacy aspect of the band2 on the inner wrist. It is far more discreet.

Band 2 was a great device putting aside the quality issues. I think Garmin is the best alternative. I used an Ionic for just under a month and returned cuz battery was defective, syncs were not reliable and the app sucked compared to Band 2 and Garmin.

dar981

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I just checked my account and found a reference to Microsoft payment for the sum of £130 for my band 2. I actually did not believe it the first time i looked.

Shame as i still use my band 2, going to be weird this all round.

Still seems you get an invitation from microsoft to become a payee, they email you confirmation once details are approved. There appears to be a two day limit on the invitation process, and then within 2 days, you get a refund into your account, that completes the refund for the band 2.

Obviously this payment schedule may vary by bank or country. Make sure you get your international banking code correct. I checked mine several times to be sure.

Make sure the email is genuine and from microsoft of course, if in doubt dont use any links on the email and just log in directly to microsoft payment central through microsoft.com to be 100%.

You will receive confirmation email from microsoft, once you have completed the process correctly.

Last edited:

jfreiman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I actually stopped using my Band 2 a few weeks before the MS refund announcement.
I switched to the Galaxy Watch Active. It took some getting used to, but it's all working great.
Tracking my running has been more accurate as I don't have to resort to the battery saving mode to get my full run tracked.
I can't pay for my Starbucks anymore, but I can use Samsung Pay for a gallon of milk or whatever I need to pickup after my run had finished.

doubleodon

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
A question about your experience with the Galaxy watch.. if I may....
How reliable have you found the alarm features?
I need a band or watch that is super reliable for alarm timing.
I have had less than stellar experience with alarm apps on my android phones (All Samsung Notes), especially as the O/S has become more locked down.

Refund:
I noticed an email from Microsoft on 4/26, but had the same concerns about a spear-phishing attack as has been expressed here.
Thanks to everyone on this thread for allaying those fears.
Payment info submitted.

Like many others, I had gone through a couple of Band 1's, and a couple of Band 2's.
I have been back on my original Band 1 for about a year... but am now looking for a replacement.

jfreiman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
A question about your experience with the Galaxy watch.. if I may....
How reliable have you found the alarm features?
I need a band or watch that is super reliable for alarm timing.
I have had less than stellar experience with alarm apps on my android phones (All Samsung Notes), especially as the O/S has become more locked down.

I have not used my Watch Active for Alarms... There is an Alarm widget on my Active by default -- so it is a core element of the watch's Tizen OS.

The only reliablility issue I have experienced with my Active is that it's sleep monitoring and/or tracking isn't as reliable as I would like -- ok, it can be pretty bad at times. The Active shows that I slept for 2.4 hours, then "not asleep" for another couple or few hours adn then shows me sleeping again for a few more hours.

So while I have spept ~8hrs the watch shows that I slept 2.4hrs + 3hrs = 5.4hrs total when it should report 8.

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, I was an "active user" of my Band 2 and I still have not received an email from Microsoft about a refund. Bummed. :unhappy:

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Well, I just tried contacting the "live chat" with Microsoft about not receiving an email about my refund, and all the person said was, "If you didn't receive the email, you are not eligible for a refund. It's an automated system, so if you were eligible you would have received the email."

Well, I was an "active user" up through 03-19-2019, and I was syncing my Band 2 with the 'Microsoft Band' app on my Lumia 1520 until that date, so how would I not be eligible. I was signed in with my Microsoft account for everything, but yet "the system" decided I was ineligible? WTF!?!

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Since the Microsoft customer service person was unable to help me, I contacted my State Attorney General's consumer complaints office and the next day I received a reply that they considered my complaint valid and would be contacting Microsoft. The very next day I had both an email and a voicemail from a Microsoft customer service supervisor asking how she could help me. I replied to the email, so we'll see what happens next. :smile:

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Well, after contacting my State's Attorney General's consumer complaints department and filing a complaint against Microsoft for the Band fiasco, I was contacted by Microsoft and as of today, my check is in the mail. :grin:

EFats

May 6, 2018
Visit site
Which state are you from?
I was an active user during the time frame (it was all on my Dashboard) but did not get anything at all.

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm in Washington state. If you're not, you should still file a complaint with your State Attorney General's consumer complaints division. If they're like mine in Washington state, they say they'll not represent you or your case in court, but if they find your complaint valid, they'll reach out and Contact Microsoft and give them a good dose of "stink-eye", and that was enough for me to get my refund.

I no longer had the "proof of purchase" from the box, and I couldn't find my receipt, either. I gave Microsoft my Band 2's serial number and that seemed to be good enough to satisfy them.

Give it a shot. You've certainly got nothing to lose, and $175 to gain. I'm sure Microsoft anticipated a scenario like this, but knows most people won't bother to file a complaint, but when they do file a complaint, they take care of it. Good luck!

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Today I received a check in the mail from Microsoft for $174.99. I don't know what's up with the 1¢, but heck, at least I got a bit of a refund for my now defunct Band 2. All it took was one little call/email from my State Attorney General's "Consumer Complaints" department. :smile:

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
Today I received a check in the mail from Microsoft for $174.99. I don't know what's up with the 1¢, but heck, at least I got a bit of a refund for my now defunct Band 2. All it took was one little call/email from my State Attorney General's "Consumer Complaints" department. :smile:

Strange, my check was for $175.00.

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I guess that must be the "service charge" of assigning someone to deal with at State's Attorney General's office complaint. "Oh, YEAH! Fine, you'll GET your refund, but it's going to COST you, "One MILLION dollars! Um, I mean, one BILLION dollars." Okay, we'll just make it a penny." :winktongue:

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Wow, I guess they really dropped the ball on this (somehow I am not surprised).

I just did a support chat yesterday, they asked for the serial numbers and email addresses associated with our bands, said it would be forwarded up to a higher level, and gave me an incident number. I am supposed to hear something in a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb