Will I be able to use Continuum without the dock?

Neyney10

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
The dock is for power supply + usb hub + hdmi/display port output? or does it have an algorithem that converts the display data so that continuum would work?
to make it simple, if I don't need the usb hub, and i'm connecting keyboard and mouse via bluetooth, will I be able to just connect the phone to a display with displayport-to-micro-usb type c cable?
without all the dock and power supply and usb hub.

Windows 10 Mobile for phones~

Last edited:

Neyney10

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
JB tweeted that you can use continuum without a dock. Miracast is used for Wi-Fi display. Bluetooth for mouse/kb.

All of my screens at work doesn't support miracast nativly ,so I would have to buy a "miracast dock" in order to use miracast, my question is if Displayport/HDMI cable is enough for this to work.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
All of my screens at work doesn't support miracast nativly ,so I would have to buy a "miracast dock" in order to use miracast, my question is if Displayport/HDMI cable is enough for this to work.

In theory it should work as USB Type-C can support a HDMI cable output. However hardware must support this. I see that's what you were asking. I suspect we won't know until devices are in people's hands.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss