How I Will Be Using Contiuum

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Before the 10/6 announcement, which was awesome btw, I only thought of Contiuum being a neat-o feature. Something I probably won't use much. Seeing it go was great and today as I sat on my work computer, it donned on me that I can really use it.

Your boss is watching. Using the computer in the office, you know big brother is there. Tracking where you go, blocking websites and maybe even recording your keystrokes. Today, I had a few things I needed to tend to for my kid's school - put up a blog post with photos, reply to something like a dozen emails. Also, I wanted to watch the whole broadcast of the MS announcement. My office blocks OneDrive, I don't want them wondering why I'm on YouTube for almost 2hrs or sitting on GMail for a period.

Now I could just draft the blog post on the phone, poke around, have limited functionality in how I present photos and type out my email with the on screen keyboard. Or, I can just hook my phone up to my desktop monitor, snap my kb/mouse and be in my own unmonitored network to do things much faster. Plus access cloud services/website that are blocked for no good reason, really.

Well, that's my use case. I will be using it and looking forward to it!

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I think the future of the PC is here. The way I see it, except for PC gamers, no one needs a traditional type of computer anymore and being able to get a PC like experience without the expense or security worries could seal it for the desktop in the home. People could just have a monitor, keyboard set up and connect wirelessly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos