The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    I just think that if classic windows desktop apps (win32, .NET, COM) can be submitted to Windows Store through this bridge, it could be a sure win win for the continuum feature.

Windows phones can truly be a PC.

all we have to wait is developer support.
    10-08-2015 05:20 AM
    Continuum is about software's ability to adapt to different screen sizes. Project C (Project Centennial) has nothing to do with that. Project C is basically a set of standards, distribution infrastructure and installer conversion tools allowing developers to distribute Windows desktop software through the Windows store. The main goal is to allow users to install and clean-uninstall Windows desktop software as easily and confidently as they do apps.

Project C also doesn't make x86 based desktop software run on ARM based phones or tablets, nor does it magically add Continuum-like adaptable UIs to existing desktop software.
    What's this Project Centennial? I haven't heard of it.

Well unless the phone has an x86 processor which they'd onto yet, most of those aren't gonna fly. Its like Windows RT, and those'll be somewhat awkward, especially on tablet.

well, recompiling is a thing, but not many will probably take advantage of it.
    10-08-2015 07:33 AM
    They had a video up on Channel9 in April: Project Centenniel

From the description:
    Enabling existing Classic Windows applications (Win32, .NET, COM) to be part of the Store ecosystem is a key part of Windows 10. This session will cover in detail the technologies that will enable you to convert your app to a Windows APPX package, enabling it to be distributed by the Store and to take advantage of the Universal Windows Platform.
    As far as I understand it, it only talks about distributing your Win32 app via the store platform. (Haven't watched the video.)
    Squeegies likes this.
    10-08-2015 08:03 AM
    Continuum is about software's ability to adapt to different screen sizes. Project C (Project Centennial) has nothing to do with that. Project C is basically a set of standards, distribution infrastructure and installer conversion tools allowing developers to distribute Windows desktop software through the Windows store. The main goal is to allow users to install and clean-uninstall Windows desktop software as easily and confidently as they do apps.

Project C also doesn't make x86 based desktop software run on ARM based phones or tablets, nor does it magically add Continuum-like adaptable UIs to existing desktop software.
    Last edited by a5cent; 10-08-2015 at 10:49 AM. Reason: spelling
    10-08-2015 08:10 AM
    The store should remain strictly WinRT only for consistency between platforms.
    Most people do not need full application suites, and would actually prefer WinRT versions. Especially with the push of the touchscreen for modern computing.

They can have another hub/platform for the enterprise/prosumers. I am sure most power users would prefer a repository.
    10-08-2015 10:35 AM
    I wonder if that would allow Steam and Steam games to be installed on an Xbox One?
    10-12-2015 11:01 PM
    I wonder if that would allow Steam and Steam games to be installed on an Xbox One?
    That would be financial suicide for Xbox. Steam is their enemy, not their friend. That parasite needs to die.
    10-12-2015 11:03 PM