Did Microsoft missed a trick in Continuum?

Aravinth Aravi

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Why would I need a keyboard and mouse? Why can't I just use my phone as a track pad and keyboard? It could have been more portable. It could have been useful even in the developed markets rather than putting a "For developing markets" tag on Continuum. Its bizarre that I have to take my mouse and keyboard to all the places where I need to use this feature. Instead they could have just installed an app from which I could use my phone as track pad and keyboard.

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Why would I need a keyboard and mouse? Why can't I just use my phone as a track pad and keyboard? It could have been more portable. It could have been useful even in the developed markets rather than putting a "For developing markets" tag on Continuum. Its bizarre that I have to take my mouse and keyboard to all the places where I need to use this feature. Instead they could have just installed an app from which I could use my phone as track pad and keyboard.
Bad marketing you can use your phone as a mouse and keyboard

Aravinth Aravi

May 22, 2015
Visit site
$hitake mushrooms. Microsoft really need to do the marketing better. I mean they never mention these things which should have been mentioned. Fire them Microsoft.

Last edited by a moderator:

AgentTheGreat

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Not knowing this feature is present, I created a "concept" to illustrate this very idea!

This is outrageous. I consider myself very involved in all stuff Microsoft and even I didn't know this. All everyone got to see was the awkward dock with the hefty mouse and keyboard which made people question the benefits of this scenario versus HDMI sticks.

You know what an effect it would have had if the chubby guy chilled on the couch on the HoloLens stage and projected to a TV and edited a Word document? Or fired up Video and started playing a movie there?

Shame.

Last edited:

anon(9630986)

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
$hitake mushrooms. Microsoft really need to do the marketing better. I mean they never mention these things which should have been mentioned. Fire them Microsoft.

No. Microsoft should not fire Bryan Roper. He's great. On the other hand, why won't people accept that continuum can work without a dock?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel