Continuum - my experiment in replacing my laptop with a Lumia 950XL

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Why do you use a separate Bluetooth adapter? These devices can use the built-in Bluetooth to connect to a mouse & keyboard. That's how I use it (and I also have had no mouse issues).

Because it was cheap ms deal and the keyboard and mouse only work with that adapter. But doesn't bother me because it's tiny.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm okay with some ads. But many of the ads here blow up. I've frequently had ads on this site go into a script crash, and depending on which browser you use, it could bring the whole browser down/to a crawl. (Firefox, I'm looking at you :/ )

On most sites, I've never cared enough about ad blockers. But this site? Too many. And a lot of click-bait junk too. They would probable be better off getting ads that I'd actually want to click through to.

I wouldn't mind ads on here but they seriously slow things down. They need to use another method of displaying them.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I tried both a USB-C to VGA cable from the phone, and a DisplayPort to VGA adapter from the dock with no success. Seems like you need a projector with a digital input for Continuum to work.

Also, with regards to Adblock, I'm personally unable to deploy any apps to the 950XL even when in developer mode, which prevents me from getting the interop unlock needed for any hosts file modding.

kz_m

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Continuum be a lot more sense if projector is supported.
950/XL + mobile projector is a win.
And if Continuum support touch display if will be great as new product can built around Continuum eg dumb tablet (ala Asus PadFone) with integrated GPU (ala Surface Book keyboard)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital