Continuum and Roku

nomadph

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi I was wondering if my continuum experience would get any better if I get a Roku 4. My experience with Roku stick is less than stellar. The dock will not be available at my location for a few more month according to my research. And a new set top box is needed for my other TV anyway.

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi I was wondering if my continuum experience would get any better if I get a Roku 4. My experience with Roku stick is less than stellar. The dock will not be available at my location for a few more month according to my research. And a new set top box is needed for my other TV anyway.
Roku 's Miracast has been beta for over a year, still no any improvement/updates on that. Though it normally worked fine on my Lumia 950, 830 and Surface pro1, I can't do the same on my Sony android neither my Asus vivonote8. So I personally won't root on that.
The Microsoft wireless display adaptor was on sale for like $29 during the holiday, which are more stable for Miracast works fine on all my devices, and it can use for media casting too . And for continuum, still the wired one is better. So you can buy those cheap third party USB type-c to HDMI adaptor.

nomadph

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the tip Alex. I'm used to AirPlay mirroring and was hoping miracast was comparable. Will pick up the wired hardware when they are available in my neck of the woods. It won't be any time soon though since not too many apps are enabled for continuum yet.

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the tip Alex. I'm used to AirPlay mirroring and was hoping miracast was comparable. Will pick up the wired hardware when they are available in my neck of the woods. It won't be any time soon though since not too many apps are enabled for continuum yet.
Patience is the king. But as for me, I started to become addictive to continuum now. For the past several weeks, I barely feel the need to turn on my computers or surface pro. Almost everything I do, I can do on continuum, except when I need for Photoshop and visual studio. But now, Microsoft release an new desktop remote app supporting continuum, I can literally ditch my surface pro when traveling now. Just need keep one of my computer remotely accessible, (dynamics DNS + network wakeable).
Plus with right set up, I also be able to connect to two external display at one time using continuum, one wired, and the other wirelessly. I will show a video of this set up later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte