Continuum with a projector?

ZENITH601

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Yep, I tried Continuum (950XL) with my LG PV150G Pico Projector.

The good news is that it works flawlessly with the Continuum Dock+HDMI cable; I already used it multiple times, both for presentations and working with files/office, it's a great option when you haven't a screen at hand; for video/images it's quite good, for excel files and docs/reading is fine but the bright spot is within 25-40'' sized projections, smaller than that and you have problem to read the lines, bigger and it becomes too fuzzy (light environment is also another determining factor).

The bad news is that I haven't been able to make it work through Miracast. It just doesn't connect, the 950XL sees the PV150G but when trying to connect it just fails.. it seems a problem related to the LG model though, given I have been able to connect my 950XL through Miracast with my old PV3000 adapted without issues.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I just tried using a VGA adapter with a 1024x768 projector (that is the native resolution but it does support higher res although it doesn't look very good of course).
It didn't work :(
I am in the process of getting a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter V2 to test with the same projector.

Alligator42

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Its been a while since I tested it, but I used it with my Sony pico projector. I don't believe I needed the Continuum dock to make it work, but I may be mistaken. However I did it, it worked very well and exactly like you'd expect.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Today I tried the VGA adapter with a different projector and in this one it did work (maybe it uses a different sync method than the other one), although it takes a while to recognize the video source and appear on screen. Also, it showed a 4:3 image! That was unexpected.

I already got the MS wireless display adapter, so I tried with this same projector. It was recognized immediately, and I had no problems connecting to it or anything. Also, this one produced a 16:9 image, which was intriguing.

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Today I tried the VGA adapter with a different projector and in this one it did work (maybe it uses a different sync method than the other one), although it takes a while to recognize the video source and appear on screen. Also, it showed a 4:3 image! That was unexpected.

I already got the MS wireless display adapter, so I tried with this same projector. It was recognized immediately, and I had no problems connecting to it or anything. Also, this one produced a 16:9 image, which was intriguing.
if the projector only support VGA, then it can only be at max 1024x768 resolution. but if the projector support hdmi/DVI/DisplayPort, then you can get 720P or 1080P 16:9

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes