950/XL Mirrorcast Supported TVs

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I have a quick question. I have a LG WebOS based tv and I cant connect to it using Continuum wirelessly or simply trying to project a video to the screen. All that is displayed on the screen is that my device is trying to connect and no option to allow the connection. So im wondering, are there certain tvs that don't support the mirrorcast tech in the 950/950XL?

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I am using Samsung TV with Miracast, it worked just fine. as well as my $10 cheap miracast dongle. i did try to do that in bestbuy to a LG TV once, and it worked too.
How old is your TV? have you try to upgrade the OS /firmware of your TV?
have you try Miracast from other device to your TV like surface or other Windows 8.1/10 laptop/tablet/phone. or Android device supporting miracast?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Miracast is a universal standard and should be supported by all devices supporting compatible hardware. Have you checked if your TV has an update pending? Or simply restart it? My Samsung Smart TV sometimes does act finicky when trying to connect with my laptops/phones and a simple restart usually gets it done. I do remember Samsung pushing firmware updates to fix certain screen mirroring issues.

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I am using Samsung TV with Miracast, it worked just fine. as well as my $10 cheap miracast dongle. i did try to do that in bestbuy to a LG TV once, and it worked too.
How old is your TV? have you try to upgrade the OS /firmware of your TV?
have you try Miracast from other device to your TV like surface or other Windows 8.1/10 laptop/tablet/phone. or Android device supporting miracast?

Ill see if there an update pending but its really hit and miss so far. The tv is less than 1yr old.

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Miracast is a universal standard and should be supported by all devices supporting compatible hardware. Have you checked if your TV has an update pending? Or simply restart it? My Samsung Smart TV sometimes does act finicky when trying to connect with my laptops/phones and a simple restart usually gets it done. I do remember Samsung pushing firmware updates to fix certain screen mirroring issues.

Ill see about an update and update this forum. Maybe its a security setting too.

michael lepage

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
If your tv has the my apps button press that and go to screen share once there then press the continuum tile and then touch the wireless button, it will then reveal on your tv and switch your phone to a mouse pad, my tv is a lg smart tv with the same applications as yours so it should work, let us know how you get on.

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by michael lepage
If your tv has the my apps button press that and go to screen share once there then press the continuum tile and then touch the wireless button, it will then reveal on your tv and switch your phone to a mouse pad, my tv is a lg smart tv with the same applications as yours so it should work, let us know how you get on.

Just saw your post. Ill test and update you. Is your tv running webOS?

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes it is running webOS.

Dam, stupid WC app(new one) refused to allow me to reply to you, been trying for days.

Thanks for updating me re your tv. I followed your steps and all I get is a prompt via the tv that my device is trying to connect and a decline button option(ill see if I can get screenshot). When I try with an android device, it connects flawlessly.

My tv model is the LG 49LF630V

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok, will try that. The only connection I get is when I stream a video and the tv automatically opens the smart share app. Continuum never connects. Ill update this thread with my findings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos