Hi all. I got my dock today and raced to attach it. When I did, the arrows in each corner were just off screen. Is there any way to adjust it? It chops every edge slightly, which makes it highly annoying. Nice box and hardware though.
    02-19-2016 12:39 PM
    That depends on your TV. Most of them have a screen or aspect ratio setting, and one of the choices gives you the full image. There's no need for overscan with modern TVs.
    02-19-2016 01:52 PM
    I checked the MS help page, it suggested something similar. Was hoping there would be a setting in the software. Cheers for the advice, I will give it a shot.
    02-19-2016 02:05 PM
    normally, there is an option to set the screen over scan when first time setting-up of continuum. but people have conplaim that you can't change that setting afterwards though, Only two options:
    1. find if your tv/monitor has over scan setting
    2. reset your phone, I mean hard reset, which of course you might not want to. then you just have to live with it until MS bring the option even after the first time setup.
    02-19-2016 03:35 PM
    normally, there is an option to set the screen over scan when first time setting-up of continuum. but people have conplaim that you can't change that setting afterwards though, Only two options:
    1. find if your tv/monitor has over scan setting
    2. reset your phone, I mean hard reset, which of course you might not want to. then you just have to live with it until MS bring the option even after the first time setup.
    That's not true, I hard reset my phone and doesn't appear any setting on first start up of continuum.
    02-19-2016 03:40 PM
    On my TV, I had to go into the settings and change my HDMI mode from 'Video' to 'Graphic' and it started to look fine.
    02-22-2016 10:31 PM
    This issues is called overscan. It's built into most TVs now. Overscan helps adjust for video components (blurays, DVD, etc) so the video fits correct on the TV. Computers do not have this issue, so the overscan causes the video signal to get stretched just a bit, usually 10%

Some TVs have certain viewing modes that are preconfigured from factory to have zero overscan, such as GAME, dot by dot, fit, PC, etc. But the issue is that those mode also have preconfigured picture adjustments (brightness, white balance, color, hue, tone,..etc) that cannot be changed or they autorevert back to factory settings. So you need to use the CUSTOM viewing mode to manually set the picture settings to make it look more natural, aka calibrate the TV. But CUSTOM mode has overscan enabled.

Some TVs have the overscan settings under the normal menus that you'll have to find. Other TVs, like mine, require that you enter the super secret hidden factory menu using a combination of key presses like the Konami code. Look them up online. I have to use the CUSTOM (on my TV it's called USER) viewing mode and calibrated my TV. The picture settings are saved, even if the TV is unplugged. I had to manually disable overscan on all my HDMI inputs on the TV.

Good luck.
    ChristodoulosK likes this.
    02-22-2016 10:44 PM
    Old tv, no settings need it to be on the settings on continuum. So can't use it on my old tv only my newer ones
    02-24-2016 05:01 PM
    MS definitely should add this. ScreenBeam has settings to adjust this on their wireless continuum adapter and it's really handy.
    02-24-2016 09:43 PM
    its a shame and means I cant use it where I wanted too most
    02-25-2016 06:12 AM
    MS wireless display adaptor also can do that.
    02-25-2016 03:16 PM
    But the 950 can't via continuum
    02-25-2016 03:16 PM
    But the 950 can't via continuum
    While you technically can , but only for once , when you just get the phone brand new and try to connect to you TV/monitor for continuum for the first time.
    02-26-2016 12:12 AM