"Living in the Continuum: Can a Windows 10 phone really replace your PC?"

MassDeduction

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I was given the opportunity to write an article for MobileSyrup on Continuum which touches a bit on what it does (which we probably all know here) but also delves into imagining what it could be (my favourite: field workers using inexpensive 'dumb screens' being driven by Continuum from the phone in their pocket, rather than having to use expensive super-ruggedized tablets and/or laptops). Here's a link for anyone interested: Living in the Continuum: Can a Windows 10 phone really replace your PC? | MobileSyrup.com

I have the opportunity to be their regular Windows mobile freelance writer, so any feedback appreciated.

final_fantasy781

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I believe it can. I tried Continuum for the first time today. I actually shown a few co-workers what it was.

The device loaded. I went through email, Windows Central and a few other apps, and was able to type some new word document.

With the Universal Windows Apps platform, there is a lot Continuum can do in the future. I even thought that my companies application, once x86 programs can be converted to the windows store, could be installed on my phone and used on my phone or Continuum.

At any rate, Continuum is at its early stage. I like the idea but the good will go with the bad, too. If no one makes UWP apps, it won't work for continuum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb