Official .318 uplate breaks Continuum?

Darkseider

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Updated to latest production .318 on my Lumia 950. Everything works fine except Continuum. MS dock sees phone, white status light and phone drops into continuum mode but no display. Tried multiple displays HDMI, display port and display port to VGA converter. Nothing coming up on screen. Any help appreciated.

Confirmed: Tested with another Lumia 950 running production release .242 and Continuum works just fine on the same dock with all of the displays.

Last edited:

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
i did a hard reset after upgrading and restored backup (for another reason). had to run through the setup wizard to get continuum to work

it appears to be working fine again!

Darkseider

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Well looks like a hard reset isn't a permanent fix. Continuum has once again stopped working for no reason other than to stop working. It is most definitely an issue with the latest production OS. .242 does NOT have this problem.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Really disappointed in this. I was hoping to leave my laptop at home during or vacation. Come on Microsoft this is one of the reasons I finally upgraded from my L920 to the 950xl. I appreciate you giving me a free 950 but that doesn't make up for a main feature of your phones not functioning. Imagine if I was an enterprise user that had rolled these out to my entire company. I love Windows Phone but come on, get it together, this is not ok!

kkaykaykay

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I assume you guys are using the continuum display dock (HD500), try switching the the usb c to c cable around. Like take the end that normally connects to the phone and put that in the dock, and the end that is plugged into the dock goes into your phone

I have had similar problems with usb a to a controller pcbs, and this how works(Depending on the console in use).

kkaykaykay

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Try a different display actually, or a different usb connector for the display adapter.

Try disconnecting the adapter from the phone (Like delete the adapter in the app) then add it back again

Or it could be firmware problem, I assume you have the latest updates on the thing. So see if its possible to reinstall updates on it. If not, resend to seller for replacement.

Other than that, I got nothing. I don't have the product myself, but that's what I would try

Sent from space.

kkaykaykay

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I was referring to the wireless one when writing haha. But yeah, try the first 2 and other ideas if anyway, then if all else fails send it back

Sent from space.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Finally had some time to mess around with it. Removed it opened continuum repaired and we're all good. Swear I tried that before but always good to try a second time. Thank for the help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12