No sounds in Continuum

Marneus Calgar

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Hello !

I have a little problem with my Lumia 950 XL in Continuum mode.

Everything worked perfectly for months until yesterday. When I connected my phone with the Display Dock to my TV and tryed to listen some music with Groove, I received an error message saying that my "Audio peripherics not found 0x88890001".

I tried with all of my Continuum applications like Movies&TV, myTube, Edge, or Facebook to play something but still no sounds.

The only sound that I can play trought the DIsplay Dock is when I go in Settings, and want to preview ringtones ?!

I also tried to connect the phone with the same TV, but wire-free, and everything just work fine.

If someone have an idea, please feel free to help...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello !

I have a little problem with my Lumia 950 XL in Continuum mode.

Everything worked perfectly for months until yesterday. When I connected my phone with the Display Dock to my TV and tryed to listen some music with Groove, I received an error message saying that my "Audio peripherics not found 0x88890001".

I tried with all of my Continuum applications like Movies&TV, myTube, Edge, or Facebook to play something but still no sounds.

The only sound that I can play trought the DIsplay Dock is when I go in Settings, and want to preview ringtones ?!

I also tried to connect the phone with the same TV, but wire-free, and everything just work fine.

If someone have an idea, please feel free to help...

it looks like the display dock has the issue - any chance you could take it to a service centre?

Marneus Calgar

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
After trying lots of soft resets and two hard resets, I finally found a way to fix this issue ! I just upgraded my stock Lumia 950 XL with the current slow ring Insider Preview build and eveything works perfectly again.

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I started getting this issue the other day after attempting to connect to Continuum through my display dock whilst playing Rayman Fiesta Run. I'm not fond of the insider builds so fingers crossed an update down the line fixes this.

It's a real pain for sure though that you get driver issues like this that can't be simply reset.

DarrenIndeed

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Sadly I've just started getting this myself. It was working fine, then Minecraft force-minimized itself and won't reopen, and the sound went with it. Can't get sound or open Minecraft any more even after multiple resets =(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos