Is there any way to stop phone from locking

Jon Snyder

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I feel like continuum might be useful if it would keep my external monitor on all the time. Instead the phone keeps locking turning off my screen (external monitor). Maybe there's an easy solution for this but havent been able to find it.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it was actually mentioned when Continuum first came out that there's an app for just what you're asking for. Disable Screen by thXer. Look it up. :D

Jon Snyder

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
So i have to run an app to make continuum work. Microsoft is so good sometimes and other times they are so completely stupid. I don't understand

kkaykaykay

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, disable screen app works to turn the screen off, but your phone will still time out because the screen isn't moving. So if you leave for a pee break, your phone will lock even with the disable screen app.

A work around this is to get 2(minimum) black photos and put them in a slide show. That way, there are 'moving images' on your phone and it won't lock.

Sent from space.

vt12

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
This is the biggest drawback to using continuum, now that they have patched in Ethernet support. :smile:

Missing some of the old emotes though. Yummy and angry, my two favourite ones (especially for talking to girls) are gone :cry:

kkaykaykay

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by Gerade_Kurve
You can simply change the settings on your phone so that your screen never locks automatically. Guess this would solve your problem

With the Lumia 950/950XL the maximum time it can stay on is 5 minutes because of the AMOLED screen.

Found a solution anyway, use the app NoSleep by Humboldt Apps, it won't lock your phone even if you go past the timer as opposed to Disable screen'.

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by kkaykaykay
Originally posted by Gerade_Kurve
You can simply change the settings on your phone so that your screen never locks automatically. Guess this would solve your problem

With the Lumia 950/950XL the maximum time it can stay on is 5 minutes because of the AMOLED screen.

Found a solution anyway, use the app NoSleep by Humboldt Apps, it won't lock your phone even if you go past the timer as opposed to Disable screen'.

Thanks for bringing this app to our attention! Keeping the screen from locking is absolutely priceless for music streaming and just generally stopping every app closing when you walk away for a moment.

LeslieRScott

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
This is good stuff. The only downside to NoSleep (so far) is it doesn't show notifications, clock, etc.; just blanks the screen. But I can live with that. Two taps on the screen and everything is right there as I left it.

kkaykaykay

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by LeslieRScott
This is good stuff. The only downside to NoSleep (so far) is it doesn't show notifications, clock, etc.; just blanks the screen. But I can live with that. Two taps on the screen and everything is right there as I left it.

You mean glance screen?
Well, the app was designed to be just black screen anyway. But now that I'm thinking about it could be possible to add it as an option. Would be hard I imagine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz