Edge can now run multiple pages at once in Continuum!

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
(I wasnt sure if i should put this in Continuum, Edge or Windows 10 Insider Preview sub forum...)

Anyways if you know Edge in Continuum then you know it can only load one page at a time. So if you open a new tab in Edge while having a youtube video playing then it will stop. And when you back to the previous tab it will have to refresh the whole page each time. Very annoying and slow. It would also completely stop if you minimized Edge.

With the latest IP build 10585 you can now run multiple tabs in Edge and keep them going without having to reload the page each time. This means streaming songs, youtube videos, etc can play in the background while you work on something else or minimize the browser.

This is very big. It's weird because i have been opening tabs in Edge while running the latest previews i.e. 14379 and 14383 and to my knowledge they still had this problem. I could be wrong but this is the first time i have noticed this and i use Continuum almost every single day. It wasn't until now that Edge is functioning more like its desktop counterpart.

Enjoy!

kkaykaykay

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I finally got the anniversary update up and running in the release preview branch. Well, yeah, you can run multiple tabs without them reloading each time you navigate to them. However, when playing YouTube videos, the video pauses as soon as I switch tabs.

Only other solve for this is to run audio b/g on phone and use continuum like normal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro