Sound issues on continuum with 3rd party hardware

Saad Rashid

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
Hello all.

I just received my USB type-C to HDMI converter with a USB port. Its working fine as a continuum . There's one problem, The sound on tv is breaking. theres almost no sound, has anybody else faced the issue? My hdmi cable is fine. Is there a fault with the adaptor or some settings issue?
should I open dispute with the seller?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello all.

I just received my USB type-C to HDMI converter with a USB port. Its working fine as a continuum . There's one problem, The sound on tv is breaking. theres almost no sound, has anybody else faced the issue? My hdmi cable is fine. Is there a fault with the adaptor or some settings issue?
should I open dispute with the seller?

it could be an issue with the converter -try a different make if you can and test

hawaiiantech

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
I don't know if this is your exact problem but my issue was volume.

When you have phone plugged in to tv using continuum you can only control 'external monitor' volume using volume button on side... but that doesn't control 'media + apps' volume.
What I had to do was disconnect the phone, then make sure media volume is turned all the way up first. Then connect phone to your TV.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

When you have phone plugged in to tv using continuum you can only control 'external monitor' volume using volume button on side... but that doesn't control 'media + apps' volume.
What I had to do was disconnect the phone, then make sure media volume is turned all the way up first. Then connect phone to your TV.

interesting solution, thanks for sharing :)

hawaiiantech

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, I also found it works same way for 'ringer + notification' volume. If you turn it down before plugging in to tv, it won't scare the bejezus out of you while watching Netflix or something.

Saad Rashid

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site

Doesn't work for me

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers