Contiuum Here is how Facebook Messenger Looks!

Cyril Richard

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have the same problem but it does not seem that it's a common problem, otherwise I would have found quite a lot of threads on the forum I guess. Facebook and Facebook messenger, when used on Continuum, show in a kind of portrait mode, just as shown in the screenshot above. It's totally unusable.

Do they work as expected for other people? I'm on a Lumia 950 on the anniversary update (insider production ring).

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Problem is, there is a very small number of people using the Messenger app on Windows Phone compared to other platforms. The number of Messenger users accessing the app through Continuum is most likely a very, very small number on top of that. Not a huge incentive for Facebook to even worry about the issue, unfortunately.

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
totally useless on Continuum.

as a work around, edge still works, and you can get to the same stuff there and at least see it/interact with it. what's annoying is all facebook has to do is disable the option to allow it to "work" in continuum, so it greys out.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I understand what you're saying, but to put a broken feature in an app is annoying when they could just disable it.
Yeah. I agree. It's definitely a dumbfounded decision on their part. Maybe the app will get a few tweaks if HP's phone takes off in the enterprise market, since it relies on the continuum feature pretty heavily.

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
try facebook messenger Beta, it works just fine on continuum.
wp_ss_20160912_0001.png
but if you are on continuum, I personally just use the browser for facebook stuff instead.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99