The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    I have been playing with computers for a long time, my first "HOME" PC had 5 1/4 floppies, no hard drive (Till I put one in) and 512k memory (I put more in). I can easily remember the fun I had and then each subsequent PC and OS upgrade, MS DOS 2, Gem, Windows 2, 3, 3.1, 95, 98, NT, NT server and so on. So I remember the trails and tribulations as well as the fun.

Just spent half hour on Continuum using a large PC monitor and wireless small mouse and keyboard set, with a 1TB portable hard drive plugged in.

I have also used my 50inch TV and my Surface Pro 3 as monitors and Bluetooth mice etc.

If my desktop and SP3 died today, I could easily live with my 950 XL as my PC, yes there are some apps missing, but for me the vast majority work, I can watch TV with YouView, turn on my lights with Heutro for Hue, play music with Groove, play the odd game, communicate with Skype, and work on my files with Office.

And with more UWP's coming it can get better still.
    Last edited by Bobvfr; 08-21-2016 at 04:36 PM.
    08-21-2016 03:28 PM
    I think I could too, I'm on the process of switching from using a full Windows 10 PC which I use to watch videos on my tv to using just my 950 XL with Continuum.

Of course, I wouldn't be able to fully switch because I play full computer games, but that's another Story.

In any case, I'd use it even more if I had one of those laptops that work with Continuum (I forgot the name). I hope these catch on, I might buy one. Otherwise the point that makes it harder for me to use Continuum is the availability of HDMI monitors around.
    Diana Melamet likes this.
    08-21-2016 04:27 PM
    I couldn't. I need lightroom, Photoshop and ACDSee. Besides, the current phones do not have the processor nor memory I would need to do the editing I do on a weekly bases. Some day maybe.

Sent from mTalk
    08-21-2016 05:51 PM
    For the most part I could and when i don't feel like tethering, I do. The gaming is the main thing that I'd miss. along with my USB headset for Skype/Discord calls. For some reason USB headsets don't pick up mic input, though I assume Bluetooth ones do, if I wanted to buy one.
    08-27-2016 10:06 AM