Continuum monitors for Lumia phones?

gbobman

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I don't want to bump such an old post,
(http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-950-xl/421912-portable-monitor-recommendation.htm),
but what I am finding is contradicting itself.

I'd love to get the ASUS MB169B+ if it works with the phone. The post notes that the USB A 3.0 connection would not work with the dock (I think is what it says) and as it requires drivers to work on Win 10, it won't work with the phone.

The other posts I see show panels that are also constructed with a USB A connector will work. I'm afraid to pull the trigger on something that may become an expensive paperweight. Anyone have any insight or experience on this or similar setup? Do we have a list of mobile panels that work with mobile Continuum on this forum?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
If you read the specifications of the display dock you'll notice it does not have USB 3.0 available.

Only displayport and HDMI are used for output to a monitor. The three USB ports are USB 2.0 and are for mouse, keyboard, etc...

You need to find a portable monitor with a HDMI/displayport input and runs on USB 2.0 power or something like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss