Wireless Continuum?.?.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So this may have been answered many times but here goes...

Can you and is it worth it to wirelessly use continuum and to use a Bluetooth Xbox one s controller for some games and watch Netflix to the tv?

I have a Lumia 950 and am interested in looking into continuum but I'm not So sure if want to be wired in as ill be around 12-15 feet away from my tv screen.

How do you use continuum and are you happy with it? Is it smoother than apple airplay? (the lady uses her iPhone 6 wirelessly all the with amazon prime movies to the TV through the apple TV.) I'd like to use my own windows gear and not rely on her iPhone at times.

Thank you everyone ahead of time. :)

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Video watching works fine (netflix (via web, because the app doesn't support continuum yet, if you want to use the app you can mirror the screen instead of continuum mode also), youtube apps, videos on websites etc), but videogames aren't so fine because there usually is a bit of lag between the phone and the screen and that can get very annoying. Your mileage may vary depending on the kind of game I guess.

Regarding being happy. Yes I am quite happy with it. It is pretty cool. I also like using it for powerpoint presentations (you can have your notes and controls on the phone while the presentation is on the screen)

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, as stated, can't send Netflix app via Continuum. Projecting video to my Gen 1 MS Wireless adapter is a bit glitchy, meaning it can't quite keep up. Sounds good and is totally watchable...but it isn't perfect.

We have tried to use it to play Fibbage 2, broadcasting the game from the laptop to the TV...it fell terribly behind to the point we were missing the answer & fib selection times...so I've had mixed results. I can't imagine using it to play an intense game.

decker5

May 26, 2016
Visit site
I use an Actiontec Screenbeam dongle and it works well both with my lumia 950xl and an Asus Transformer

it's not flawless, sometimes it can get lose frames (depending on internet speed and wifi interference) but for video streaming it does a good job

for games instead you can detect lag, it's not that bad but it's definitely there

Fuchur84

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
You can see it here:

Or with USB-C cable in the whole channel...
[video]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz1YG8Bdpv2zy19NbnPiwnQ[/video]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes