Continuum to TV?

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If I plug a Continuum dock into a TV, could I then plug in a keyboard with a built in touchpad and use it as a 10-foot console for Netflix and such?

Last edited:

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If I plug a Continuum dock into a TV, could I then plug in a keyboard with a built in touchpad and use it as a 10-foot console for Netflix and such?

Yup, I plugged my 950xl into continuum dock to my LG 4k OLED TV and also using my old Logitech Dinovo Edge keyboard pretty seamlessly.

I can use VLC to watch my NAS media, over WiFi is working fine for this

Not your exact use case, don't see why it wouldn't work well otherwise (I don't have a Netflix account). Edit: seems like the Netflix app is not continuum ready! Weird cause I thought there was a windows holographic netflix

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
See that dock thing seems like you would have to crowd too close to the TV for an all wired setup, IMHO.

I just today received a Screenbeam Mini 2 Continuum Edition. Seems Ideal for the couch to TV setup.

Needs power and needs to be by the TV to be plugged into HDMI. But everything else can be with you on the couch. The phone, the keyboard and mouse. There is a splitter that goes into the microUSB power port, so in addition to the power cord, you have a USB A port to plug in a wireless dongle for a keyboard/mouse combo.

Continuum/Miracast/WiDi all in one.

Just took it for a quick spin. Didn't have my keyboard/mouse set up yet so just using it to test connection and used the phone as a trackpad. Seems like it will work very well.

Exup

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
If Netflix is not a continuum app, you wont be able to. :-(

The amazing part is with the continuum apps.
Like it was written above, VLC UWP is a perfect example...
VLC connects to your home network and access streamed movies..and send the output flawlessly to the TV (sound included).
I use the wireless adapter and it seems pretty magic to me :)

I can test it later tonight and give feedback about the Netflix.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If Netflix is not a continuum app, you wont be able to. :-(
I can test it later tonight and give feedback about the Netflix.

Netflix web is just as good no? I find edge handles video's better and lower resources than other browsers. I don't have a netflix account though.

Exup

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Netflix web is just as good no? I find edge handles video's better and lower resources than other browsers. I don't have a netflix account though.

The Netflix movies don't work in the Edge (mobile) browser.
So...I guess until Netflix convert the app to UWP, there is no possibility to see Netflix movies with continuum.

Exup

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I can check Amazon video later tonight and give some feedback. the other name I don't have a clue what is it :-D (not all forum persons are Americans ;-))

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know can I use connect to cast my phone screen on my TV or is it just "Continuum" now (so only Continuum supported apps available) ?

I used Lumia 1520 to cast my phone screen (local TV app) to my TV before, but it seems that I lost that with my new Lumia 950 XL - did I ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb