The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
03-04-2017 02:52 PM
39 12
tools
    If I plug a Continuum dock into a TV, could I then plug in a keyboard with a built in touchpad and use it as a 10-foot console for Netflix and such?
    Last edited by grahamf; 01-28-2017 at 09:28 AM.
    01-25-2017 08:01 PM
    tap in
    01-25-2017 09:03 PM
    tap in
    ...what does that mean?

Anyone? I'm thinking Continuum might work fine as a HTPC for access to Netflix and such. There's no Amazon Video app, but the website should work fine.
    01-28-2017 09:29 AM
    If I plug a Continuum dock into a TV, could I then plug in a keyboard with a built in touchpad and use it as a 10-foot console for Netflix and such?
    Yup, I plugged my 950xl into continuum dock to my LG 4k OLED TV and also using my old Logitech Dinovo Edge keyboard pretty seamlessly.

I can use VLC to watch my NAS media, over WiFi is working fine for this

Not your exact use case, don't see why it wouldn't work well otherwise (I don't have a Netflix account). Edit: seems like the Netflix app is not continuum ready! Weird cause I thought there was a windows holographic netflix
    01-30-2017 01:33 PM
    ...what does that mean?
    "a quick bookmark"... I am interested in the suggestions that will be given.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-30-2017 01:35 PM
    See that dock thing seems like you would have to crowd too close to the TV for an all wired setup, IMHO.

I just today received a Screenbeam Mini 2 Continuum Edition. Seems Ideal for the couch to TV setup.

Needs power and needs to be by the TV to be plugged into HDMI. But everything else can be with you on the couch. The phone, the keyboard and mouse. There is a splitter that goes into the microUSB power port, so in addition to the power cord, you have a USB A port to plug in a wireless dongle for a keyboard/mouse combo.

Continuum/Miracast/WiDi all in one.

Just took it for a quick spin. Didn't have my keyboard/mouse set up yet so just using it to test connection and used the phone as a trackpad. Seems like it will work very well.
    01-30-2017 11:09 PM
    tap in
    Dude, you tap in more than Hulk Hogan in his prime.
    mtf1380 likes this.
    01-30-2017 11:10 PM
    See that dock thing seems like you would have to crowd too close to the TV for an all wired setup, IMHO.
    my dinovo edge is wireless, I plug its receiver in the dock
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-31-2017 12:18 AM
    I never said anything about a wired keyboard. That would be stupid. Wired video is needed, but not wired input.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-31-2017 08:44 PM
    Sorry, dude... You said plug in the keyboard not a dongle. I guess I read too literally.
    01-31-2017 11:03 PM
    If Netflix is not a continuum app, you wont be able to. :-(

The amazing part is with the continuum apps.
    Like it was written above, VLC UWP is a perfect example...
    VLC connects to your home network and access streamed movies..and send the output flawlessly to the TV (sound included).
    I use the wireless adapter and it seems pretty magic to me :-)

I can test it later tonight and give feedback about the Netflix.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-01-2017 04:50 AM
    If Netflix is not a continuum app, you wont be able to. :-(
    I can test it later tonight and give feedback about the Netflix.
    Netflix web is just as good no? I find edge handles video's better and lower resources than other browsers. I don't have a netflix account though.
    02-01-2017 10:37 AM
    Netflix web is just as good no? I find edge handles video's better and lower resources than other browsers. I don't have a netflix account though.
    The Netflix movies don't work in the Edge (mobile) browser.
    So...I guess until Netflix convert the app to UWP, there is no possibility to see Netflix movies with continuum.
    02-01-2017 01:43 PM
    What about Amazon video or Crunchyroll?
    02-01-2017 08:57 PM
    I can check Amazon video later tonight and give some feedback. the other name I don't have a clue what is it :-D (not all forum persons are Americans ;-))
    02-02-2017 05:52 AM
    I can check Amazon video later tonight and give some feedback. the other name I don't have a clue what is it :-D (not all forum persons are Americans ;-))
    Cruncyroll is Netflix for anime.
    Exup likes this.
    02-02-2017 08:50 PM
    Well if they rely on flash for video playback then we'll need an app, won't play in edge
    02-02-2017 09:16 PM
    Hey there's a uwp app for crunchy roll http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=8-PyMW-R so it would work in continuum
    02-02-2017 09:20 PM
    Hey there's a uwp app for crunchy roll http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=1QxL3yA_ so it would work in continuum
    Woop woop, that and Prime and I'm good.
    02-03-2017 09:25 PM
    Anyone know can I use connect to cast my phone screen on my TV or is it just "Continuum" now (so only Continuum supported apps available) ?

I used Lumia 1520 to cast my phone screen (local TV app) to my TV before, but it seems that I lost that with my new Lumia 950 XL - did I ?
    02-09-2017 02:18 PM
    I used Lumia 1520 to cast my phone screen (local TV app) to my TV before, but it seems that I lost that with my new Lumia 950 XL - did I ?
    I think I read somewhere it's broken, and that you need one of the store options for dlna casting
    02-09-2017 04:08 PM
    I think I read somewhere it's broken, and that you need one of the store options for dlna casting
    Thanks :) ... anyone to know a good dlna app (to cast a full phone screen to TV, not just photos/videos) ?
    02-10-2017 09:13 AM
    Anyone know can I use connect to cast my phone screen on my TV or is it just "Continuum" now (so only Continuum supported apps available) ?

Depends on the wireless standard your TV uses for wireless display. I've found that if the TV uses Intel's WiDi you can connect to the TV and have it just mirror the display of your phone to the TV fine. If it uses Miracast which is more popular however it becomes more difficult. if you have an Android TV you are out of luck. Just my experience.
    02-10-2017 09:56 AM
    Depends on the wireless standard your TV uses for wireless display. I've found that if the TV uses Intel's WiDi you can connect to the TV and have it just mirror the display of your phone to the TV fine. If it uses Miracast which is more popular however it becomes more difficult. if you have an Android TV you are out of luck. Just my experience.
    My LG TV has WiDi/Miracast setting together, so both or nothing. Connecting of my cp does not let me chose one either, it is just Miracast :(

The best casting seems to be done by super old "Lumia Play To" (installable through my libarary), but it is just for photos, videos and music :(

If anyone knows good DLNA app (to cast a full cp screen to TV), please please let me know
    02-10-2017 12:43 PM
    I kinda think the best way is just get a Microsoft wireless display adapter. It works continuum or mirroring.... And well the OS supports it.

I haven't found to much success connecting directly to my LG TV built in wireless thingy
    digitaldd likes this.
    02-11-2017 04:11 PM
39 12