Touchscreens and Continuum

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
So, Does anyone have any experience using a touchscreen with continuum?

I am thinking about doing a project but I have tried with a current touchscreen I have (HDMI and separate USB for touch) and the touch doesn't work. Also there is no way for a keyboard to show up on the continuum screen.

If I can get this to work like I was it to (and a couple other things) I have some pretty cool plans for it.
To start would be a touchscreen carpc ran completely off my phone, then more projects for fun. :)

I have both a 950XL and a Elite X3 to test with all the capabilities if I could just get it to work!

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
For the life of me I am trying to remember where I saw touch working in Continuum, and the hardware......

If I remember correctly it was over HDMI , if the screen requires a USB for touch the phone does not have drivers available.

I may be wrong here, but I will keep looking....

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
In the recent 'Future of Continuum' video showing windowed mode for a future update, they were demoing it on a touchscreen. But I don't think Continuum currently supports touchscreens.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Somebody forgive my ignorance but isn't the whole point of Continuum to use a mouse and keyboard? I use a Logitech wireless kb with integral trackpad to keep me as far away from the display. If I need to zoom something I pinch the trackpad.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Somebody forgive my ignorance but isn't the whole point of Continuum to use a mouse and keyboard? I use a Logitech wireless kb with integral trackpad to keep me as far away from the display. If I need to zoom something I pinch the trackpad.

Not necessarily. I think the most important parts are providing a larger screen and desktop UI elements. How you interact with them is up to you, whether by M/K, touchscreen or even a joypad for the likes of Minecraft.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Not necessarily. I think the most important parts are providing a larger screen and desktop UI elements. How you interact with them is up to you, whether by M/K, touchscreen or even a joypad for the likes of Minecraft.
I understand what you're saying but seeing as the thread is about touchscreen I figured it was redundant. Just use the phone as a pointing device instead of having to reach all around a large display. I do concede your point about a joystick. I haven't played a game on a phone since Brick Breaker on legacy BB OS7 so I'm not the best person to ask about gaming.

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So, Does anyone have any experience using a touchscreen with continuum?

touchscreen works when you project your phone to a windows 10 PC, such as a surface pro 4, or an intel compute stick hooked up to a touchscreen monitor. I think i've gotten touchscreen to work when i hooked the dell 23" touchscreen up to the microsoft display dock, but it's been a while. and it wasn't all that good if i recall.

SclX

Aug 13, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

I'm kind of late to this party, but want to confirm that continuum works with touchscreen over usb. I'm using Alcatel Idol 4 Pro, WavLink usb-c mini docking station (WL-UHP3D01G rev.a) and DELL P2314T on Windows 10 Mobile (Ver: 1709; Build: 10.0.15254.490)

Interestingly when I press the power button on the phone, not only the phone screen goes off but the touch on the external display is also disabled and it comes back if I turn the phone screen back.

I'm not really sure how reliably it will work, I made only some short test so far. I needed to restart my phone one time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre