So, Does anyone have any experience using a touchscreen with continuum?

I am thinking about doing a project but I have tried with a current touchscreen I have (HDMI and separate USB for touch) and the touch doesn't work. Also there is no way for a keyboard to show up on the continuum screen.

If I can get this to work like I was it to (and a couple other things) I have some pretty cool plans for it.
    To start would be a touchscreen carpc ran completely off my phone, then more projects for fun. :)

I have both a 950XL and a Elite X3 to test with all the capabilities if I could just get it to work!
    02-28-2017 02:59 PM
    For the life of me I am trying to remember where I saw touch working in Continuum, and the hardware......

If I remember correctly it was over HDMI , if the screen requires a USB for touch the phone does not have drivers available.

I may be wrong here, but I will keep looking....
    03-01-2017 08:00 AM
    No one else with experience?
    03-07-2017 01:41 PM
    In the recent 'Future of Continuum' video showing windowed mode for a future update, they were demoing it on a touchscreen. But I don't think Continuum currently supports touchscreens.
    03-10-2017 06:10 PM
    Somebody forgive my ignorance but isn't the whole point of Continuum to use a mouse and keyboard? I use a Logitech wireless kb with integral trackpad to keep me as far away from the display. If I need to zoom something I pinch the trackpad.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk
    03-10-2017 06:26 PM
    Somebody forgive my ignorance but isn't the whole point of Continuum to use a mouse and keyboard? I use a Logitech wireless kb with integral trackpad to keep me as far away from the display. If I need to zoom something I pinch the trackpad.

Not necessarily. I think the most important parts are providing a larger screen and desktop UI elements. How you interact with them is up to you, whether by M/K, touchscreen or even a joypad for the likes of Minecraft.
    03-11-2017 05:38 PM
    Not necessarily. I think the most important parts are providing a larger screen and desktop UI elements. How you interact with them is up to you, whether by M/K, touchscreen or even a joypad for the likes of Minecraft.
    I understand what you're saying but seeing as the thread is about touchscreen I figured it was redundant. Just use the phone as a pointing device instead of having to reach all around a large display. I do concede your point about a joystick. I haven't played a game on a phone since Brick Breaker on legacy BB OS7 so I'm not the best person to ask about gaming.

03-12-2017 01:58 PM
    So, Does anyone have any experience using a touchscreen with continuum?
    touchscreen works when you project your phone to a windows 10 PC, such as a surface pro 4, or an intel compute stick hooked up to a touchscreen monitor. I think i've gotten touchscreen to work when i hooked the dell 23" touchscreen up to the microsoft display dock, but it's been a while. and it wasn't all that good if i recall.
    03-23-2017 10:39 AM